PDA

View Full Version : RRA NM trigger install

MadRiverArms
06-22-2008, 6:44 PM
I'm trying to install a RRA NM 2 stage trigger and the pins are really tight. Do the trigger and hammer pins need to be driven in as opposed to stock pins slipping in?

-G

MadRiverArms
06-22-2008, 6:58 PM
NM, I did a little searching and they do indeed require tapping in with a little more force than the stock pins. However this brings up another question regarding KNS non-rotating pin kits. What would be the repercussion of using a .154 pin set with the 2 stage NM trigger and hammer? Would there be too much play?

-G

dfletcher
06-22-2008, 7:43 PM
I'm trying to install a RRA NM 2 stage trigger and the pins are really tight. Do the trigger and hammer pins need to be driven in as opposed to stock pins slipping in?

-G

The pins that come with the RRA are .156 diameter and I think that's best. I very much notice the wiggle present with plain pins, but they are tougher to get in. I use the JP oversized pins and the best way to get them in is to put in plain old .154 pins first, then follow with the oversized pins pushing out the standard size. Helps especially getting past the J spring on the hammer.

I do know that when I went from .154 diameter pins to .156 after stoning & cleaning up a single stage trigger that it caused problems. I had to do a little more work to ensure the pull was OK and the safety, disconnector worked.

-hanko
06-23-2008, 6:42 AM

-G
I use a delrin punch. Put the pins in your freezer for 10 min. or so; that should help.

-hanko

Knauga
06-24-2008, 9:06 PM
The pins that come with the RRA are .156 diameter and I think that's best. I very much notice the wiggle present with plain pins, but they are tougher to get in. I use the JP oversized pins and the best way to get them in is to put in plain old .154 pins first, then follow with the oversized pins pushing out the standard size. Helps especially getting past the J spring on the hammer.

I do know that when I went from .154 diameter pins to .156 after stoning & cleaning up a single stage trigger that it caused problems. I had to do a little more work to ensure the pull was OK and the safety, disconnector worked.

Thanks for that tip. I had just stuck in the original smaller pins, but using your tip I put in the new ones.

Now, being a complete amateur here, how can you tell the NM 2 stage is working correctly? Mine feels like a light consistent version of the original factory single stage.

Knauga
06-30-2008, 5:43 AM
:gene: Anybody?

-hanko
06-30-2008, 8:09 AM
Now, being a complete amateur here, how can you tell the NM 2 stage is working correctly? Mine feels like a light consistent version of the original factory single stage.
The yellow card that came with the rra 2-stage trigger tells you what to check after the trigger is installed.

-hanko