PDA

View Full Version : CZ75 P-01, I love it....

Thunderhawk
06-21-2008, 1:01 PM
I have had it a few months now, and it has become one of my favorite semiautos...easy to shoot, and more accurate than me!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/Thunderhawk88/Stormy/CZ75P-01.jpg

kilword
06-21-2008, 1:26 PM
they are awesome guns.
great size and balance to them!

Casual Observer
06-21-2008, 1:37 PM
I love my P-01. Shoots just as well as any of my Sigs and costs half as much. :cool:

DPC
06-21-2008, 1:38 PM
I've owned both the P-01 and the compact .40 it's twin brother identicle only it has a safety instead of a decocker. I never shot the 9mm but my friend that I sold it to said it handles great. His son loves it now even though I tried to sell it to him before his dad bought it, he wanted a glock but I talked him into the XD 40 instead. Now he wants a CZ P-01! Some people just don't listen to good advice.

DPC

toadman
06-21-2008, 7:03 PM
In 9mm I have Glocks, XD's, SW 659, Sig, & a Firestar. The next 2 on my wishlist is either a HiPower or a CZ variation. Which one should I go for?

What Just Happened?
06-21-2008, 8:08 PM
My CZ P-01 was my first handgun (not counting my Sig Mosquito, didn't really care for it).

Although I quickly traded up for it's bigger brother, the CZ SP-01. Careful, CZ's are addictive.

smittty
06-21-2008, 9:40 PM
I have had it a few months now, and it has become one of my favorite semiautos...easy to shoot, and more accurate than me!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/Thunderhawk88/Stormy/CZ75P-01.jpg

Whats a fair price for one of these? I'd like to get one.

What type of wood are those grips and were did you get them? They are beautiful!

Thanks,
Smitty

What Just Happened?
06-21-2008, 9:53 PM
I picked up mine as used for $400.

Thunderhawk
06-21-2008, 10:37 PM
Smitty, the grips are Zebrawood, and ordered from Marschal Grips in Hungary. Great Grips. The P01 is going for around $500 or so, depending where you go.

http://www.marschalgrips.com/

slowfire
06-21-2008, 10:42 PM
I was okay until I saw the picture, now I want one.

daemonite
06-22-2008, 12:57 AM
I have the SP-01 with a trigger job, I fully intend on getting a P-01!

510dat
06-22-2008, 1:29 AM
What's the advantage of an SP-01 over the CZ-75B? I can see that it's got a built-in rail, and a differently-shaped trigger, but to be honest I'm not feeling the hype.

What Just Happened?
06-22-2008, 1:31 AM
What's the advantage of an SP-01 over the CZ-75B? I can see that it's got a built-in rail, and a differently-shaped trigger, but to be honest I'm not feeling the hype.

Heavier front for slightly better recoil management and it has the full beavertail that some 75's don't have.

Oldnoob
06-22-2008, 9:26 AM
CZ should make sweet pistols. It take me a bit to get used to its recoil because I usually should top heavy guns. But the handling and the fitting just so awesome.

smittty
06-22-2008, 9:27 AM
Smitty, the grips are Zebrawood, and ordered from Marschal Grips in Hungary. Great Grips. The P01 is going for around $500 or so, depending where you go.

http://www.marschalgrips.com/

$500 would be nice. I was qouted $565 or $550 I don't remember exactly. I'll shop around more.

I think I'd rather drive a little ways even if it costs me the same with gas.

daemonite
06-22-2008, 9:43 AM

It allows you to shoot rapid fire extremely accurately due to the weight killing off a large amount of muzzle flip.

I'd use a CZ 75 for everyday carry, leave the SP-01 for home defense or competition.

FEMUN
06-22-2008, 10:40 AM
Hows the recoil on the SP-01?

Brooke
06-22-2008, 12:06 PM
Been looking around and not satisfying myself ... What is the difference between the P-01 and the PCR? I'm seeing "Light Alloy" vs. "Alloy", but not much else. Why eliminate the chamber loaded indicator on the newer one?

smittty
06-22-2008, 8:54 PM
Been looking around and not satisfying myself ... What is the difference between the P-01 and the PCR? I'm seeing "Light Alloy" vs. "Alloy", but not much else. Why eliminate the chamber loaded indicator on the newer one?

The big difference is the light rail. I didn't know about the loaded chamber indicator. Given a choice bewteen the two I'd still choose the P-01 just to have the option to use the rail if I decided to use it.

I got a qoute on a new P-01...sit down for this...$575 :eek: It's becoming too expensive for me to buy! My gun budget is tight these days.
I considered the P6 but it's going to cost me about $400 by the time I get it home. I'd rather buy a new something else that has a warranty and two 10 round mags. I don't shoot a handgun enough to justify spending so much money.

I already have a 642 which is no home defense gun but it does carry very well in the front pocket while hunting or fishing...it's mostly for piece-of-mind and I won't carry anything heavier so I really don't "need" another handgun.

Seeing you guys get your guns for cheaper is killing me!

Brooke
06-23-2008, 10:38 AM
The big difference is the light rail. I didn't know about the loaded chamber indicator.

I'm just wondering if there are other differences or refinements in the P-01. Why would CZ keep two virtually identical guns in its' catalog?

And why *eliminate* the loaded chamer indicator? Is there a down-side to it?

CowtownBallin
06-23-2008, 10:42 AM
...he wanted a glock but I talked him into the XD 40 instead. Now he wants a CZ P-01! Some people just don't listen to good advice.

DPC

I'm confused. Why talk someone who probably doesn't know much about guns into buying an inferior gun?

CowtownBallin
06-23-2008, 10:50 AM
$500 would be nice. I was qouted $565 or $550 I don't remember exactly. I'll shop around more.

I think I'd rather drive a little ways even if it costs me the same with gas.

Prices have gone up as of late. I got my 75BD for $360 shipped NIB from GunsAmerica, so with transfer (+$55) it was soooo cheap. Budsgunshop has great prices, and they have the P01 for $515 shipped. So, whatever your local ffl charges for out-of-state (mine does it for $65), you have a gun for less than it would cost to buy here + tax + dros.

oghl888
06-23-2008, 1:40 PM

The SP-01 also allows a higher grip. The CZ75 had the best ergonomics of my non-1911 handguns until the SP-01 came along.

rivviepop
06-23-2008, 1:48 PM

The PCR is cast, the P-01 is forged for one major difference in the frames. The PCR comes with a more novak-style rear sight, the P-01 uses the more rabbit-ears looking ones from the modern lines for less snag. The recoil spring is a flat model on the P-01, not the round wire style. And, of course, the rail - handy if you want to attach your light onto it (which I do have on my P-01). Oh, yeah and the P-01 uses the longer slide stop release lever that's stretches more rearwards than the PCR, which I also like a lot.

The P-01's frame being forged was a redesign to increase strength in some areas which allowed it to go through the NATO certification, far surpassing their requirements. You can find articles on the P-01's advances that were then lent to the SP-01 for the same reliability.

"...according to the information supplied by CZ, the gun had to withstand 4,000 dry-firings, 3,000 de-cockings, operator-level disassembly and re-assembly 1,350 times, complete disassembly (all the way down to pins and springs) 150 times, 100-percent parts interchangeability, a 1.5 meter drop test (54 times) on concrete, three meter drop test, firing after being frozen at -36 F for 24 hours, firing after being submerged in mud, sand and combinations--and after having been stripped of all oil. The service life must exceed 15,000 rounds of +P 9mm ammo and indeed, testing revealed the P-01 has exceeded 30,000 rounds with ball 9mm."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BTT/is_167_28/ai_110457315

EDIT: couldn't find the post on CZ's website, but found someone on THR that copied it - here's a paste and the link to that as well:

The factory contracted an independent lab to do additional testing on guns that previously passed the drop tests. These pistol were dropped an additional 352 times without failure.

The pistol must also complete an environmental conditions test:
This means cold, heat, dust/sand and mud.
The pistol must fire after being frozen for 24 hours at –35C (-36F).
The pistol must fire after being heated for 24 hours at 70C (126F)
The pistol must fire after being submerged in mud, sand and combinations including being stripped of oil then completing the sand and mud tests again.

Service life:
The service life requirement from the Czech police was 15,000 rounds of +P ammo!
The pistol will exceed 30,000 rounds with ball 9mm.

Reliability:
The reliability requirements for the P-01 pistol are 99.8%, that’s a .2% failure rate.
This equals 20 stoppages in 10,000 rounds or 500 “Mean Rounds Between Failure” (MRBF)
During testing, the average number of stoppages was only 7 per 15,000 rounds fired, this is a .05% failure rate, a MRBF rate of 2142 rounds! Over 4 time the minimum acceptable requirement.
The U.S. Army MRBF requirement is 495 rounds for 9mm pistols with 115 grain Ball ammunition.

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/archive/index.php?t-169843.html

smittty
06-23-2008, 7:37 PM
Prices have gone up as of late. I got my 75BD for $360 shipped NIB from GunsAmerica, so with transfer (+$55) it was soooo cheap. Budsgunshop has great prices, and they have the P01 for $515 shipped. So, whatever your local ffl charges for out-of-state (mine does it for $65), you have a gun for less than it would cost to buy here + tax + dros.

My prefered FFL charges $70 plus $25 background check. I guess I'll check guns america and buds gunshop.

Thanks,