PDA

View Full Version : CANNON Safari S21E 60" Fire Safe: $699 Delivered

BillCA
06-21-2008, 10:48 AM
Costco has a special running on Cannon's Safari S21E 30-minute fire safe. With 21 cu ft of space this is even a better deal that last year's Liberty safe (17 cu ft). Plus Cannon safes are a little more expensive generally than the Liberty.

699.99 delivered to your home (does not include installation)

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11280618&cm_mmc=BCEmail_312-_-FOCUS-_-35-_-CannonSafe# (http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11280618&cm_mmc=BCEmail_312-_-FOCUS-_-35-_-CannonSafe)

30 MIN. FIRE SAFE
U.L. RSC security rating
Color: textured grey paint finish offers durable good looks.
Commercial grade Type 1 electronic lock allows user to change combination
# 1 warranty in the business
21 Cubic Feet
Dimensions: 60 H x 30" W x 21" D includes handle and lock
450 lbs

toneman
06-21-2008, 11:47 AM
Thanks I'm in the market for safe
what do you mean by installation not include ?

Bigballaizm
06-21-2008, 1:53 PM
I do believe 'Installation" means bolting it to the floor. If you put it in the garage bolting it down is usually recommended but if you have it in the house I wouldnt sweat it.... Good luck on your search Tman.

BillCA
06-21-2008, 2:57 PM
price includes "curbside" delivery.

It does not include bringing the unit into the house or bolting it down. If you're nice to the delivery driver, most often they'll bring it up into your garage for you.

toneman
06-21-2008, 4:03 PM
Thank you all I just ordered one

H2H
06-21-2008, 4:49 PM
cannon warranty looks pretty good.

Bigballaizm
06-21-2008, 5:54 PM
Tman, when the guys deliver it just slip em a 20 spot and normally they will put it where you want it. Just as long as it not upstairs or something krazy! Congrats man, you'll like it.

toneman
06-21-2008, 9:37 PM
Tman, when the guys deliver it just slip em a 20 spot and normally they will put it where you want it. Just as long as it not upstairs or something krazy! Congrats man, you'll like it.

Yes I will have 20 at spot thank you also billca

BillCA
06-22-2008, 10:06 AM
Way to go Tman! You're welcome for the info.

I purchased a mere 17 cu ft Liberty safe thru Costco 18 months ago or so. Usually you'll get a call a day or two ahead of time to arrange for delivery.

Further advice if you'll be installing it yourself...

Plan the location of the safe carefully. Be sure there is room for the safe and room enough to get it into position with a hand-truck. Measure doorways against the dimensions of the safe and allow at least 3/4" leeway. Plan for steps up into the house too.

Plan on needing 1 or 2 strong friends to help you. Beer is cheap. :cool:

Have the following tools and items on-hand.

Dolly or heavy duty hand-truck to move the bugger.
Stick-on Teflon glides to save the carpeting.
Drill for boring the mounting holes
If you have a concrete pad foundation, a masonry bit.
A carpenter's level
A package of wedge shaped "shims" for leveling.
A vacuum cleaner with hose to vac up concrete/wood dust.
(Concrete foundation) A tube of liquid steel to fill in the holes or concrete anchors.
Washers for the bolts (if not provided).
Tube of Silicone sealant (put on underside of washers to seal bottom of safe against water seepage.

If installing on top of carpeting, remember that the carpet will compress over time. You may need to re-level your safe after 6-12 months. On some wood floors you may need to recheck it after 6-12 months for floor sag too.

Also, when leveling the safe, you might consider a very slight rearward angle. This keeps cartridges on shelves from "rolling forward" off the shelves... and may allow the door to slowly close itself.

Bruce3
06-22-2008, 7:23 PM
dude thanks for the heads up! i thought the sale started on the 31st!