PDA

View Full Version : Winchester defender/20 inch barrel where 2 buy?

futureExpat
06-21-2008, 5:39 AM
where is a cheap place to pick up a 20" inch+ barrel for a winchester defender shotgun?

Bigballaizm
06-21-2008, 6:32 AM
Not sure how far you are from the IE but I seen em at Bass Pro. Dont remember how much.... Good luck on your search.

maxicon
06-21-2008, 9:14 AM
The Defender 1300 uses a different barrel arrangement from the sporting 1300, and you can't interchange barrels between them.

Here's some info I got from someone else's post - don't remember where, and I haven't tried this out myself. I'm sticking with the 18" barrel.

The Defenders vs. the regular 1300s have extended magazine tubes for the 8 round capacity, and a corresponding barrel mount ring much farther down the barrel than a normal 1200/1300 barrel. To go from one to the other, you cannot merely interchange the barrels. To the best of my figuring, you'll need to order the corresponding magazine tube, magazine throat, and magazine spring from Winchester which is around $40 total. Then you can change barrels for the standard 1300 quickly and easily. The defender mag is splined in, and may require a gunsmith to change.

futureExpat
06-22-2008, 1:47 PM
The Defender 1300 uses a different barrel arrangement from the sporting 1300, and you can't interchange barrels between them.

Here's some info I got from someone else's post - don't remember where, and I haven't tried this out myself. I'm sticking with the 18" barrel.

thanx maxicon

bohoki
06-22-2008, 2:34 PM
the defender is a long tube so to use a long barrel made for the hunting model you need to get an extention tube to go over your magazine tube that will lock the barrel ring in place with the magazine cap nut

even pvc pipe will work but its not pretty

afx
06-24-2008, 6:10 AM
I have Win. 1300 Defender for sale. 20 rounds been shot only. PM me for more info.

futureExpat
06-24-2008, 6:40 AM
thanx guys

I looked up a gunsmith on winchesters site an he told me all i would need is to buy the barrel i want an put it on. I can jus swap it , no additional parts needed????

BUT the new 20 inch barrel. $225!!!!!??????:eek: I told him I can get a used "whole" defender for the price of just the barrel!

im calling some other winchester approved gunsmiths today to be sure