PDA

View Full Version : good place in thebay to buy para or kimber? opinions on springfields?

norcal-ar
06-20-2008, 11:26 PM
looking to buy a 1911 style .45 here soon im pretty sure im going to buy a kimber or para ordinance. wanted to know which shops have a fair amount of used and new? and any opinions on the springfield 1911's?

leelaw
06-20-2008, 11:30 PM
If you know what you want in a Kimber, I can source one for a good price, new. Fairfield.

norcal-ar
06-20-2008, 11:42 PM
If you know what you want in a Kimber, I can source one for a good price, new. Fairfield.

i need to narrow down which model and well i got about two weeks before the funds are here. i know i want a 5"-5.5" barrel but kimber has so many options!

macguyver77
06-20-2008, 11:48 PM
Go to irvington arms. They beat the prices that were quoted during the kimber group buy. They also saved me several hundred on a top end Sig.

Coffee
06-20-2008, 11:53 PM
Don't know about actually purchasing but Reeds in San Jose had a very nice selection that I saw there a couple of weeks ago - colt & Kimber, and probably other brands.

Would not wait too long - they are closing that store at come point.

Synergy
06-20-2008, 11:55 PM
If you have shot a 1911 and are familiar with a single action (SA) trigger, make sure the Para is not a LDA trigger. Going from SA to that garbage of a trigger made me hand the gun back to its owner and say thanks but no thanks.

bug_eyedmonster
06-21-2008, 12:33 AM
Irvington Arms is the place to go. Kimber has so many different selections, it's hard to find a dealer with them all in stock to compare side by side. But once you do know which you want, go to Irvington Arms if your money does not grow on trees. Paras are okay.... but if I had to choose, I'd go for the Springfield waaaaayyyyyy before Para.

If you ask any of the guys at Irvington Arms questions to aid you in your gun selection, you will not be steered in the wrong direction.

Jerry

ElToro
06-21-2008, 12:36 AM
i have a pre series II that im willing to part with. raising funds for a OLL lower build or M1A.

PM me for details

savs2k
06-21-2008, 12:49 AM
go to irvington arms. cheap over there and there good guys.

norcal-ar
06-21-2008, 6:26 AM
thats where i bought my upper. i'll have to take a trip when im ready.

go to irvington arms. cheap over there and there good guys.

depmac983ret
06-21-2008, 3:58 PM
Don't count out the Para LDA. If you like a smooth DA trigger about 7-8 lbs check one out. I love SA triggers, 1911, BHP, Glock, however since the Sheriff would not allow any kind of SA Auto in any Caliber I went with the Para 14-40 LDA in .40 S&W for off Duty use, there were no transition problems. PM Sent

barrykay
06-21-2008, 10:13 PM
looking to buy a 1911 style .45 here soon im pretty sure im going to buy a kimber or para ordinance. wanted to know which shops have a fair amount of used and new? and any opinions on the springfield 1911's?

Dublin Guns and Knives has the largest selection of Kimbers IN STOCK (about 15 models) that I have seen in the Bay Area. Prices seem to be quite competitive as well. Irvington Arms is a nice place to buy as well but they have no where near the stock that Dublin Guns has.:)

Coffee
06-21-2008, 10:34 PM
Just another idea but there was a group buy for kimbers and the person ordering said he ordered extras - "serpintine" (sp?). Think some are going to arrive next week.

That is if $ is primary importance, I usually am more concerned with supporting local dealers esp if a problem occurs.