PDA

View Full Version : how to change my P6 sights?

brian24
06-20-2008, 8:22 PM
i just picked up my sig P6/225 and i had also recieved my night sights for it. what is the best way to install the new sights?

pklin1297
06-20-2008, 9:06 PM
Depending on where you are, you can either take it to Enterprise Arms or the gunsmith in the back of Ade's shop, both charge around $35 for simple install I believe. You could also spend the cash if you've got it for a sight pusher so you can adjust the windage at the range.

Here is where you could "rent" a sight pusher: http://bpcustomshop.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=11_42&products_id=6 Ater all said and done, you may end up spending much more than $35 on shipping the pusher back to them. You do get to keep it for 20 days to allow you range time with it though...

I am in the process of deciding what to do also... Does anyone have a sight pusher to lend? We can have a sight installation get together for P6 owners so we can get our sights changed. :D

SFFRONTMAN
06-21-2008, 12:32 AM
Just use a solid brass punch and your all set to go.

tonelar
06-21-2008, 2:26 AM
I borrowed mine from a guy at Sigforum... did all my sights and had enough time to take it to the range and "dead center" with it.

I think a brass drift would be fine for adjusting them, actually.

duenor
06-21-2008, 4:04 PM
a brass punch is actually better because it is more precise... there are guys (myself included) who have damaged their slides slightly with the pusher since you may not realize how much force you are exerting.

If you'd like us to do it for you, just bring your slide in. It should take no more than 15 minutes at most. You can also ship the slide to us and we'll install your sights or install our own GS Trijicons for you. PM me or email me at kevin(at)entreprise.com if you'd like to go this route.

Kev

brian24
06-22-2008, 9:43 AM
i took it to ade's in orange...

pklin1297
06-23-2008, 6:14 AM
i took it to ade's in orange...

That sounds good...

I uninstalled my factory sights using brass punches and it took quite a bit of force so personally I would feel more comfortable either using a sight tool or go to one of the shops.

JTROKS
06-23-2008, 8:26 AM
If you are using a brass punch, you should clamp your slide in a vise, careful not to squeeze the rails closer together and use wooden blocks or leather straps to protect the finish of your gun. Although the brass is softer if you hit too hard with the hammer it can still put a ding mark on your front sight, worst if you have shaky hands and hit the slide.

AlbcAlbrr
06-25-2008, 7:19 PM
I am in the process of deciding what to do also... Does anyone have a sight pusher to lend? We can have a sight installation get together for P6 owners so we can get our sights changed. :D

I have the Sig Sight Pusher. I'm in the Pasadena, Calif. area. I'm willing to attend a sight installation party, perhaps at one of the local So. Calif. ranges. A Saturday would work best for me. If someone wants to take lead on this and set it up.

I've changed out sights on several sigs and it is an easy job - you just have to take your time and be careful about it. I will not do the changing or touch anyone's gun. I'll show up with the tool and lend helpful suggestions, but if your gun gets damaged :mad: I won't be liable :cool2:.