PDA

View Full Version : Whats the deal with Glock torture tests?

toadman
06-20-2008, 2:46 PM
Whats the deal with Glock torture tests, they bury it in dirt, sand, freeze it, ultra hot temps. All kinds of crap & no problems. I don't clean the gun last 6 times
I go shooting & it jams left & right. Now most of my other guns I always clean
but the Glock I figure is a utilitarian gun & I just wanted to see what it could
stand up to. I read an article about a writer that didn't clean it in over a year
& put like 30,000 rounds through it with no problems. Mine was only a few hundred. WTF?:confused:

redcliff
06-20-2008, 2:48 PM
Theres a difference between not cleaning and not lubricating. Have you been lubricating your Glock prior to shooting it?

jazman
06-20-2008, 2:57 PM
Got to be the ammo, mine has thousands and thousands of rounds through it, I clean it every once in a great while and it has never once jammed. Never.

SFFRONTMAN
06-20-2008, 3:00 PM
Definitely need a lot more info to determine what is going on, what type of glock model, ammunition, stance, grip, matinence, and cleaning methods you are using.

toadman
06-20-2008, 3:22 PM
Definitely need a lot more info to determine what is going on, what type of glock model, ammunition, stance, grip, matinence, and cleaning methods you are using.

#19, reloads, modified weaver. Soon as I cleaned & lubricated it shot fine
again. Is it the time inbetween? Sometimes I'll put it away after shooting & not shoot it again for months. Shoot & put away all without cleaning or lubricating.

BigMac
06-20-2008, 3:36 PM
The time in between should mean nothing.

I bet a couple of drops of oil would have had it running like a champ.

Careful with reloads... they will void your warenty ;)

glockk9mm
06-20-2008, 4:40 PM
I have gone without cleaning my glock for long times and it has never stoped. Only time it jammed was with the 2183 magazine followers shooting hollowpoints, changed the followers and problem solved.

megavolt121
06-20-2008, 4:45 PM
I don't clean the gun last 6 times
I go shooting & it jams left & right.

What kind of jams? These could be operator malfunctions where you're limp wristing etc.

savs2k
06-21-2008, 12:51 AM
what ammo are you shooting?

toadman
06-21-2008, 9:45 AM
What kind of jams? These could be operator malfunctions where you're limp wristing etc.

Failure to eject or go into full battery. Once cleaned & lubricated shot fine again.
And whatever U thay I do not have a limp wrist. Meanie!!

toadman
06-21-2008, 5:04 PM
One thing I forgot to mention, I did install a LASERMAX guide rod. But it shot fine after I cleaned & lubed it. Would the LASERMAX cause the gun to be more finicky?

!@#$
06-21-2008, 6:18 PM
yes

ZombieKiller
06-21-2008, 6:37 PM
One thing I forgot to mention, I did install a LASERMAX guide rod. But it shot fine after I cleaned & lubed it. Would the LASERMAX cause the gun to be more finicky?

I believe you have found the problem....

Corbin Dallas
06-21-2008, 6:37 PM
... not only the lasermax, but you're running reloads and getting failure to go into battery??

Switch to factory ammo, factory guide rod and then let us know.