PDA

View Full Version : My AR Pistol

DJMAN
06-20-2008, 12:13 PM
DPMS 7.5 A2 Upper
DPMS Single shot lower (I know.. I know.. Im working on A diff. lower)
DPMS LPK
My Cal. legal AR Pistol:D

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p98/djman78/P1010092.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p98/djman78/P1010095.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p98/djman78/P1010094.jpg

Ironchef
06-20-2008, 12:22 PM
Ok, ok, ok... a few questions for you.

1) I don't get why people make these? Is it AR rifle ownership related fear that causes people to make AR pistols? Is it a high performance "pistol" because it's built with the AR action? What's the dealio?

2) What is the ammunition feeding device on it? Does it take mags? 7.5 cal?

3) is it meant to be held with just the pistol grip, or is the handguard for a support hand? And don't you look funny at the range with the very realistic looking airsoft gun that everyone things you modded to shoot real bullets?

Sorry, these things have been eating at me for a while and I've never seen those questions asked. Hey, I answer questions like "Why would a californian want a Utah CCW?" Now you can answer these questions! lol

DJMAN
06-20-2008, 1:05 PM

1) I don't get why people make these? Is it AR rifle ownership related fear that causes people to make AR pistols? Is it a high performance "pistol" because it's built with the AR action? What's the dealio?

I don't get why people make these? Why would you build a fixed 10rd AR? Because Cali said WE can't have them.

No feeding device .223 single load ie: one at a time.

3) is it meant to be held with just the pistol grip, or is the handguard for a support hand? And don't you look funny at the range with the very realistic looking airsoft gun that everyone things you modded to shoot real bullets?

Pistol grip and handguard.

Sorry, these things have been eating at me for a while and I've never seen those questions asked. Hey, I answer questions like "Why would a californian want a Utah CCW?" Now you can answer these questions! lol

It's been eating at me for a while not to build one. BPD!! Oh I have the BRD too.

apbrian112
06-20-2008, 1:08 PM
looking good, i still want to build one as well...

Q
06-20-2008, 1:17 PM
looks.good.:cool:
I.think.I.need.one.in.6.8rem.:D

AJAX22
06-20-2008, 1:18 PM
All of mine are mag fed... (pinned mags)

Dj's looks nicer than mine does though.

69Mach1
06-20-2008, 1:41 PM
Very nice DJMAN. I pick mine up in 10 days. Another great feature about these pistol marked lowers is that they can also double as rifles when converted properly. Here's a question for ya though. Is an AR pistol a pistol without the pistol grip??:43:

!@#$
06-20-2008, 1:52 PM
All of mine are mag fed... (pinned mags)

Dj's looks nicer than mine does though.

how do you get the lower? 80% build?
is a BB lock ok on the pistols?

1064chubbs
06-20-2008, 1:58 PM
how do you get the lower? 80% build?
is a BB lock ok on the pistols?

You would need to import the lower as a single shot pistol (it has to come in the state as a complete pistol) you can then convert it to a fixed mag pistol once you get it. The lower dimenssions are the same a rifle lower so any of the available Mag Locks will work.

DJMAN
06-20-2008, 2:16 PM
Here's a question for ya though. Is an AR pistol a pistol without the pistol grip??:43:

Ahhhhh Let me go check my DOJ handbook.:rolleyes:

marc4
06-20-2008, 3:59 PM

OK, let me try answering these questions since I'm on the verge of building one too.

1) We build it because we can and we like it, high performance or not. Its like scratching your *** when it itches, your not supposed too but we do because it feels good:eek:. (I scratch my own *** and no one else:))

2) Take a better look at the lower, its a sealed single shot lower:sleeping:. Now try putting a mag to that. And it will shot whatever ammo you configure it to do.

3) Shot with the pistol grip and with the handguard, we won't object. Shoot the safest way you want to shot it. Even if you have to lock it between your knees, just shot it and not just display/show it around.
Looking like a very realistic looking airsoft gun only applies to people who hang around airsoft guns a lot. If they knew your guns, they would know better than to think its a toy.

DJMAN - NICE PISTOL;)

Waingro
06-21-2008, 6:26 AM
But the energy of the bullet coming out it, well I heard it was not that high in 5.56 - around the same energy levels of a 22Mag. I would imagine that 7.62x39 would not be much more. Does anyone have a .308 pistol yet? Am I right?

cobra198
06-21-2008, 11:17 AM
Sweet! I bet that thing is a blast to shoot!