PDA

View Full Version : B&T TP9

jhova98040
06-19-2008, 2:09 PM
Just want to make sure my bases are covered--

My dad happens to have one out of state that he would like to gift to me. He just needs to go to his FFL and have it sent to my FFL here, correct?

Obv. no high caps...

Am I missing anything here?

PS: my dad is NOT a CA resident

ke6guj
06-19-2008, 2:13 PM
should be able to as long as it is not in a pistol AW configuration. May need to explain how it is exempt from the roster as an intra-familial transfer.

ke6guj
06-19-2008, 2:14 PM
Nope, not on the roster:

http://certguns.doj.ca.gov/

An intra-familiar transfer is exempt from the roster, but since pops is out of state, it must go through a CA FFL, who can charge whatever they want to do the transfer. It is not considered a PPT, which is limited to $35 max.

jhova98040
06-19-2008, 2:32 PM
I usually deal with Irvington Arms. They charge $100, but I doubt they would give me any problem...

Anyone know if these have threaded BBLs?

Edit: thanks for the answers

-hanko
06-19-2008, 3:16 PM
Anyone know if these have threaded BBLs?

Edit: thanks for the answers
DSA is the importer...ask them;)

-hanko

pcesar
06-19-2008, 10:55 PM
The Brugger and Thomet TP9 pistol is considered as having a threaded barrel. The barrel itself is not threaded, but the large cover over the barrel has three raised edges. Per CA DOJ it has a threaded barrel and making it an AW.

redcliff
06-19-2008, 11:08 PM
The Brugger and Thomet TP9 pistol is considered as having a threaded barrel. The barrel itself is not threaded, but the large cover over the barrel has three raised edges. Per CA DOJ it has a threaded barrel and making it an AW.

That's interesting, first I've seen that mentioned. Is there an opinion letter from DOJ that is availabe to peruse?

Would they consider 3 lug HK barrels to be "threaded" I wonder?

jhova98040
06-20-2008, 10:38 AM

Really? I thought some were already in state and being transfered PPT

Q
06-20-2008, 1:19 PM
Really? I thought some were already in state and being transfered PPT

Steyr-SPP

Turbinator
06-20-2008, 6:08 PM

I too would like to see some kind of DOJ opinion letter on this, as I too am interested in this pistol.. :)

Turby

pcesar
06-20-2008, 6:19 PM
My local dealer called DOJ and was told that it has a threaded barrel. I called DSA and they will tell you that they will not sell even send the pistol to CA. My dealer told me that an LEO purchased one and that is the last one he has seen.

spamby59
07-08-2008, 5:39 AM
If you look in the exploded view in the owners manual, it clearly shows the barrel which is not threaded, then the barrel guide, which is. If DOJ says no threaded barrels, this pistol should be ok. It would be nice to see an acceptance letter from DOJ though. Just my .002

spamby59
07-10-2008, 3:16 PM
:toetap05::detective:

norcal-ar
07-16-2008, 7:30 AM
wow i really would like one of these but i guess thats a no go until something turns up.

IH8CALAWS
07-16-2008, 7:52 AM
The ones I have seen here have a the lugs on the barrel covered up with a sleeve tack welded in place.

RB1
07-17-2008, 2:04 AM
The three lug barrel guide is not threaded. The TP9 also sells a barrel guide that is threaded. But its just that a barrel guide not a barrel the penal code states no threaded barrels on pistols not no threaded barreel guides. I think its pushing the envelope and DOJ doesnt like it. But ive never seen any writing on it. Just like the OLL's when they first became popular. But if your not sure you can always pin the threaded end cap on making it unusable.