PDA

View Full Version : Thanks again to the guys at IA!!!!! (pictures up!)

bug_eyedmonster
06-19-2008, 11:13 AM
Unfortunately, Irvington Arms is now shorter by two CMMG lowers, a TON of 1911 parts between a friend and I. Thanks again to Rich for taking care of the transfers yesterday, thanks to Ian for the CMMG lowers, and thanks to Frank and Ian for staying to help the useless (Stan and I) with the 1911 parts. I'll post pictures up soon. Great work on both guns, I can't thank you guys enough for your vast knowledge about guns and Frank's wealth of info on IPSC.

THANK YOU GUYS!!!!!!!!!!

The pictures suck, I'm at work and just finished blending the magwell to the frame. Oh yeah, I need to borrow that bluing pen from you Frank, I got a bit carried away with the tools.

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc1/bugeyedmonster1/DSC00680.jpg
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc1/bugeyedmonster1/DSC00681.jpg
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc1/bugeyedmonster1/DSC00682.jpg
http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc1/bugeyedmonster1/DSC00683.jpg

cseabass
06-19-2008, 12:45 PM
anytime guys.

thanks for the refreshments!:devil:

bug_eyedmonster
06-19-2008, 1:31 PM
anytime guys.

thanks for the refreshments!:devil:

I wanted to thank you especially for using the MAP gas on Stan's part, watching him cringe was worth the wait and the money alone... hahahaha

Jerry

bug_eyedmonster
06-19-2008, 2:57 PM
Oh yeah, Ian, if you ever find my magwell there, please set it aside somewhere.. I didn't grab it last night...

Jerry

cseabass
06-19-2008, 5:18 PM
what magwell?
stock one?

bug_eyedmonster
06-19-2008, 5:49 PM
it was the skinny "girl grip" magwell you guys made fun of last time.. .hahaha It's one piece with the main spring housing.

Jerry

Franksremote
06-20-2008, 8:24 AM
it was the skinny "girl grip" magwell you guys made fun of last time.. .hahaha It's one piece with the main spring housing.

Jerry

I put it in your bag-o-old-parts unless Stan took it out while oggling your stuff. ;)

bug_eyedmonster
06-20-2008, 9:48 AM
Okay... he said he didn't have it, I might have to punch him in the face to get the real answer... thanks anyways. I can't put the gun down Frank, I dunno what you did, but this thing has not left my side yet (other then in the car or out side of the home or work). I can't thank you guys enough for the work you guys did.

Jerry

cseabass
06-20-2008, 10:40 AM
hey where are the pics?!? :p

bug_eyedmonster
06-20-2008, 10:44 AM
hey where are the pics?!? :p

check original post!!!

cseabass
06-20-2008, 11:41 AM
they wernt up at the time! :p

screw the gun i want the parts!

ive been sleepin on buyin another corolla i may be hittin you up for parts in the next few months.

cseabass
06-20-2008, 1:01 PM
hey jerry frank found the magwell i threw it in the case:p
doh! so its here next time your down i have it set aside for ya.

sorry bout that.

ian

bug_eyedmonster
06-20-2008, 1:44 PM
hey jerry frank found the magwell i threw it in the case:p
doh! so its here next time your down i have it set aside for ya.

sorry bout that.

ian

Not a problem, I'm sure he found it in his range bag!!!! hahahaha. I wouldn't want that thing, but I figured the grips and magwell fit Sarah's hands pretty good, so she might end up getting a TRP also. Thanks again Ian, let me know if you need parts.

Jerry

///D
06-20-2008, 2:32 PM
Nice SA TRP.

Couldn't help all the HKS accessories and BOV's. Is that a perf shop?

bug_eyedmonster
06-20-2008, 2:47 PM
Nice SA TRP.

Couldn't help all the HKS accessories and BOV's. Is that a perf shop?

Hello,

Thanks on the comment about the TRP, I love the gun, especially now with the work done to it. Yes, I work at a performance shop in the bay area. We are the only northern west coast HKS certified pro tuners, along with AEM, Greddy, Motec, Electromotive, and several others. Send me a PM if you need any parts or work done! www.fftec.com

Jerry

cseabass
06-20-2008, 7:26 PM
i want a motec:( but i cant afford it:(

norcal-ar
06-21-2008, 5:16 PM
just out of curiosity how much $$ do u think ur into the 1911 ?

bug_eyedmonster
06-23-2008, 7:15 AM
just out of curiosity how much $$ do u think ur into the 1911 ?

I'm not sure to be honest. The less I think about it, the less it hurts. hahahaha. Th build should have cost about $2000, give or take. I bought the gun used, and it was slightly modified already by the previous owner for carry (out of state). I had to change out stuff that he had changed since I never got the factory parts from him. Depending on how much you buy the gun for, you can be at or around that price. But if you are interested in having the same or similar work done, talk to Frank and Ian, they'll get you taken care of.

Jerry

bug_eyedmonster
06-23-2008, 1:57 PM
Okay, so now that I have a few minutes, I thought I'd give some feedback. I had the honor of taking the IPSC/USPSA class with Tom F. (BUFF) and was finally able to put the TRP through it's paces. First off, contrary to popular belief, I did not shoot myself (hahahah sorry to disappoint Frank and Ian) but did have the best time ever with a gun. Not once did I loose accuracy, speed, or the ability to reload quickly with Frank's build. I can't seem to thank you guys enough.... just punch me in the face next time, I'll stop blabbering, promise.

bug_eyedmonster
06-23-2008, 4:46 PM
SORRY IAN, I forgot to add something for you to check out....

http://fftec.com/CC12.html

Jerry

cseabass
06-23-2008, 7:05 PM
ooooh... there was a guy in tracy a couple years back that had a swap and wanted to sell it to me... he only wanted 10 grand...

Franksremote
06-23-2008, 7:32 PM
Glad to hear you had a good time and learned a thing or two about the sport, yourself and the gun ;) Hopefully you'll continue to attend the practice sessions and shoot a match in the near future. If you think practice is fun, wait till you do it onna match sunday.

bug_eyedmonster
06-23-2008, 8:26 PM
Glad to hear you had a good time and learned a thing or two about the sport, yourself and the gun ;) Hopefully you'll continue to attend the practice sessions and shoot a match in the near future. If you think practice is fun, wait till you do it onna match sunday.

I can't make it this weekend, I have a wedding to attend (I am trying to work my way out of it though), but next weekend I'll be there.

Jerry

Franksremote
06-23-2008, 11:57 PM
You can help build a stage then :p

bug_eyedmonster
06-24-2008, 11:00 AM
You can help build a stage then :p

I'd love to... it's going to have neon lights, strobes, glitter on the targets, and flowers surrounding the boxes. You'll love it!!!! So...... are we gonna carpool?:D

Jerry

cseabass
06-24-2008, 5:29 PM
is vin diesel gonna drive the car?

bug_eyedmonster
06-24-2008, 11:43 PM
is vin diesel gonna drive the car?

low blow my friend, low blow. :(

cseabass
06-25-2008, 6:52 AM
low blow my friend, low blow. :(

hehehe ok ok ok... paul walker? michelle rodriguez? devon aoki?