PDA

View Full Version : **SOLD** $475: Liberty Centurion 17, like new. U-Pickup in San Jose.

bwiese
06-18-2008, 11:03 PM
SOLD TO Pilejay (with help from Weezil_Boy). Thanks to all.

Am assisting in liquidating the last firearms-related item of the late Parag Patel's estate, a Liberty Centurion 17 safe. The family thought it might be nice to keep this safe in the Calguns family so listing it here first...

This pristine like-new safe is being offered for $470 cash for your pickup in W. San Jose - near Saratoga Ave/Westgate.

[Sorry, no delivery available - but his neighbor Peter + I can assist in getting it schlepped onto your truck. It actually is haulable in a Volvo wagon.]

Parag paid nearly $700 for it after tax in 2006. Seems the warranty is transferrable; safe comes with all paperwork.

http://www.libertysafenorcal.com/Safe_Centurion23.lasso

catalog picture (not actual safe for sale)

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/314QnIR%2BBXL._SS400_.jpg

Details:
med. grey textured granite finish
17 cu ft. - supposedly "18 guns"
60" x 24" x 20" HWD
quality S&G (Sargent & Greenleaf) mechanical dial lock
420 lbs.
grey fabric re-arrangeable 'flex' interior
UL RSC w/ 1200-1400 degree @ 30 min fire protectionThis is a nice basic closet-sized safe that offers fire & crackhead protection. I feel it's much better than the various boxes offered at Home Depot and Costco (have you seen those cheesy locks?) Also, the textured granite finish is very nice and very chip-resistant - much better than the shiny paint jobs on other safes. My cousin has this very safe.

I will update this post with an actual picture later tomorrow, but the webpage gives an idea and more info [NB: the 3-spoke handle depicted on webpage is NOT on this safe, only the larger 20/23 sizes.]

Peter & I don't have time to deal with looky-loos. You either know what this is and want it, or don't. If you sincerely want this, PM me and I'll consider it sold - let me know and we can meet in the evening to close the deal.

Thanks.

pilejay
06-19-2008, 1:35 AM
pm sent

gcvt
06-19-2008, 1:49 AM
pm sent

Damn you!

Another PM sent :)

bwiese
06-19-2008, 6:18 AM
Above PMs replied to...

m24armorer
06-19-2008, 8:15 AM
I'll take it.

Blackcoatknight
06-19-2008, 1:14 PM
If everyone else falls out ill take what ever place in line is next. Ill take it. I'm local and have truck.

rg_1111@yahoo.com
06-19-2008, 1:46 PM
That was a fantastic deal.

bwiese
06-19-2008, 3:58 PM
Since 'pilejay' spoke for it first and followed thru with arrangements, it's going to him. He's picking up on Sunday.

If deal does fall thru, I'll work my way down the list of replies, 'gcvt' is next.

gcvt
06-19-2008, 4:15 PM
He's picking up on Sunday.

Noooooo :eek:

Damn, if I hadn't been playing stupid COD4 last night instead of surfing the forums....oh well.

weezil_boi
06-19-2008, 6:04 PM
Since 'pilejay' spoke for it first and followed thru with arrangements, it's going to him. He's picking up on Sunday.

If deal does fall thru, I'll work my way down the list of replies, 'gcvt' is next.

It wont fall thru. I am helping him pick it up. If he so much as flinches, I'll club him and use him as a puppet to buy the safe myself :) My little 10 gun is begging for some relief.

Damn you Pat.... damn you.

bwiese
06-19-2008, 6:44 PM
Weezil, it'll be good to meet you and Patrick.
See y'all Sunday @ 2PM.

bwiese
06-22-2008, 8:22 PM
Sold, Pilejay and Weezil_boy great guys to deal with.

weezil_boi
06-22-2008, 9:26 PM
Sold, Pilejay and Weezil_boy great guys to deal with.

Thanks Bill,

Nice meeting you as well. Glad we didnt break anything :)

Man... that safe was heavy. Unfortuneately, pat was steadfast in his decision to get it... so I was unable to club him for it. I am still in search of the elusive... big, nice, cheap safe.