PDA

View Full Version : WTT OR S: FULL CUSTOM/COMPETITION XD40 TATICAL (won't sell to 1st gun owners)

pottymouth310
06-17-2008, 11:11 AM
Hey guys, didn't mean to come off like a azz on the title but I'm thinking of trading my XD40 with someone who has a stock/very clean XD in 45acp.
I've been shooting 1911 in 45acp all my life both in competition and for recreation. A couple years back, yes... got on the 40cal fad, tried it didn't really like it. Shot about 200-400 rounds through it, definitely did not exceed 500 rounds. Modified the gun so suit my needs but I'm much more comfortable with a 45. So the XD became my safe queen. Was also featured in a Japanese Gun Magazine in 2007.

Custom built by Springfield Custom in Geneseo, IL. the gun is worth just alittle over $1,000. (w/mods & extra factory ss magazines)
- DuraCoat ACU
- Competition action job: 3lbs trigger pull (Big liability! very sensitive, thats why experience shooters only, thanks)
- Reduction of trigger pull.
- Reduced overtravel & reset.
- Refit barrel to Match Grade.
- 4x factory stainless 10 magazine, (2 are brand new)
- Factory hard case & holster.

Looking to trade for a 45acp in XD, USP, M&P, or $ in that value.
Sorry: no trade for Glocks....
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j103/skylinegtr4u/DSCF3772.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j103/skylinegtr4u/DSCF3775.jpg
Sorry knife is not for sale.
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j103/skylinegtr4u/DSCF4237-1.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j103/skylinegtr4u/DSCF4238.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j103/skylinegtr4u/DSCF4239.jpg
http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j103/skylinegtr4u/DSCF4236.jpg
PM me if you have more questions or offers....
thanks for looking,

pottymouth310
06-17-2008, 11:41 AM
you can also email @ the1icon@gmail.com

Splinter
06-17-2008, 5:16 PM
Damnit, where was this a month ago!

apbrian112
06-17-2008, 5:21 PM
Damnit, where was this a month ago!

seriously, i just picked up a xd40 tactical a couple of months ago. i would have gladly payed more money for this beautiful piece.

bump for a beauty!! and gl w/ the sale...

ricknadine1111
06-17-2008, 6:58 PM
I sent a PM. What sights are on the pistol?

seanEVO8
06-18-2008, 12:06 AM
very nice, i think ive seen this gun on xdtalk

pottymouth310
06-18-2008, 8:14 AM
I sent a PM. What sights are on the pistol?

factory sights....

Slayer
06-18-2008, 8:42 AM
My cousin has cash in hand, thinks its a great gun!

Too bad you won't sell to a first time gun owner. Thank God everyone else in the world is willing to take his cash

Mister035
06-18-2008, 8:46 AM
Nice gun man!
Good luck on the sale.

What kind of knife is that?

pottymouth310
06-18-2008, 8:51 AM
What kind of knife is that?

Strider SnG :D

Bobula
06-18-2008, 10:10 AM
3lbs trigger pull (Big liability! very sensitive, thats why experience shooters only, thanks)
I don't normally thread crap, but that is one of the most ignorant/nannystateish things I have ever read. Do you help make CA gun laws?

telcolineman
06-18-2008, 4:34 PM
I don't normally thread crap, but that is one of the most ignorant/nannystateish things I have ever read. Do you help make CA gun laws?

Nice weapon

scootergmc
06-18-2008, 4:52 PM
3 lb. liability? :rolleyes: I have a Marlin 917 w/ a Rifle Basix trigger set at approx. 1.2 lbs. I will only sell it to snipers.

ChessRatz
06-18-2008, 6:52 PM
3 lb. liability? :rolleyes: I have a Marlin 917 w/ a Rifle Basix trigger set at approx. 1.2 lbs. I will only sell it to snipers.
I think your sarcasm is sorta funny considering SA made him sign a release of liability before they would do the trigger work on his own firearm. As far as I know, its his choice who he sells it to. When you sell your Marlin, you can do the same ;)

I dealt with PottyMouth before, nice guy to deal with (and I'm sure he don't write gun laws for DOJ.)

pottymouth310
06-18-2008, 6:52 PM

yes, but that's a rifle...
you don't "scoot & shoot" with a 917.
I know 3lbs is nothing super duper grand, I've seen more sensitive but I'll just hate to think I sold some guy my gun & he shot himself in the foot from feathering the trigger. that would suck!!!:(

SoundFX
06-18-2008, 8:25 PM
yes, but that's a rifle...
you don't "scoot & shoot" with a 917.
I know 3lbs is nothing super duper grand, I've seen more sensitive but I'll just hate to think I sold some guy my gun & he shot himself in the foot from feathering the trigger. that would suck!!!:(

It would indeed. I think the sentiment that people are expressing to you is that they are in fact smart and savvy enough to understand the implication of such a trigger job. As long as you list it prominently, there's no need to put such patronizing conditions on the sale. As long as the buyer knows / has been adequately informed about the gun's modification, then your responsibility to police who buys it is over. People who buy guns are big boys (most of the time), so please just give us the benefit of the doubt. :)

pottymouth310
06-19-2008, 7:11 AM
It would indeed. I think the sentiment that people are expressing to you is that they are in fact smart and savvy enough to understand the implication of such a trigger job. As long as you list it prominently, there's no need to put such patronizing conditions on the sale. As long as the buyer knows / has been adequately informed about the gun's modification, then your responsibility to police who buys it is over. People who buy guns are big boys (most of the time), so please just give us the benefit of the doubt. :)

point well said.... will do.

I think your sarcasm is sorta funny considering SA made him sign a release of liability before they would do the trigger work on his own firearm. As far as I know, its his choice who he sells it to. When you sell your Marlin, you can do the same

I dealt with PottyMouth before, nice guy to deal with (and I'm sure he don't write gun laws for DOJ.)

thanks bro.... right back at ya!;)

ricknadine1111
06-19-2008, 7:34 AM
"ISN'T THIS WHAT THE 2ND ANDMENDMENT IS ALL ABOUT", I know it's great to have the freedom of speech ( 1ST ANDMENDMENT) and to say what ever we want to, to whom ever we want. This is a fun thread to read. "Oh and by the way", owning a flamethrower in California is not a felony.:popcorn:

pottymouth310
06-19-2008, 8:52 AM
SOLD****** to 338 lapua

but keep writing