PDA

View Full Version : Brite Strike flashlight closeout

eguns-com
06-16-2008, 8:48 AM
I have a few Brite Strike Gen 1 LED police flashlights -- blue dot series, on closeout.

Brite Strike is a company founded by police officers for police officers. The Blue Dot series of lights are made for police professionals and law abiding citizens who want the best possible light at a fair price.

These are

the 90 Lumen 2 Cell High / Low version, model BD-2C-3W-HL. (Hi / Lo version)
the 90 Lumen 2 Cell High / Momentary version, model BD-2C-3W-MH (Hi / Momentary Hi version)
the 90 Lumen 1 Cell High / Momentary version, model BD-1C-3W-MH. (Hi / Momentary Hi version single cell smaller body)

These CNC machined milled aircraft aluminum Mil Spec type III super hard anodized black finish lights have a unique three sided body for more ergonomic grip, with a front “Tri-Strike crown” and aggressive rear “Tri-Strike crown”.

The pocket clip is specifically designed for line officers and is reversed from other tactical lights. The clip features a greater clearance for lighting fast draws from either a BDU pocket, duty belt, or six pocket police pant. It also allows for quick mounting on a uniform epaulet, and quick removal when needed.

The beam is a brilliant white light with a wider “spread” for a flood effect, which illuminates the entire area of a vehicle on a stop.

The BD-2C 3 watt Luxeon Led light provides up to 90 Lumens on high for up to 4 hours.
The BD-1C 3 watt Luxeon Led light provides up to 90 Lumens on high for up to 2 hours.

• Max Output: up to 90 lumens
• Runtime: about 4 hours on high / 35 lumens for about 50 hours on low for the Hi/Lo version 2 cell (2C)
• Runtime: about 4 hours on high for the Hi/Momentary High version 2 cell (2C) version
• Runtime: about 2 hours on high for the Hi/Momentary High version 1 cell (1C) version
• Battery: Two 123-Type Lithium (included) 2C version / one 123-type Lithium (included) 1 C version
• Length: 5 inches (2C / 2 cell versions)
• Length: 3.5 inches (1C / 1 cell version)
• Ballistic Nylon Holster Included
• MSRP: $150.00 for the 2C Hi/Lo version
• MSRP: $130.00 for the 2C Hi/MH version
• MSRP: $110.00 for the 1C Hi/MH version

eguns.com closeout prices:

$105 delivered for the 2C Hi/Lo version
$90 delivered for the 2C Hi/MH version
$69 delivered for the 1C Hi/MH version

These are up on the eguns.com website (http://www.eguns.com/sPearCat/1-4.woa/1/wa/ItemPage?i=BSBLUEDOT&l=en-ZZ&g=BriteStrike) but the prices are the standard prices and not the CalGuns.net closeout price. You can order online and make sure you mention CalGuns.net in the comments section at checkout and I will adjust the prices at fulfillment time (the price will not reflect in the shopping cart at checkout but I will adjust before actually charging your card). Or you can call 888 534 9585 and order by phone. (Ignore any ID requirements listed online -- those were abolished by the manufacturer a while ago).

Here is the manufacturer's website: (these are the 90 lumen ones near the bottom) (http://www.brite-strike.com/BlueDot.html)

No credit card surcharge for Visa/MC/Discover. AMEX at 1.25% to cover the doubled fees AMEX charges.

I carry the 2C Hi/MH one. Nice light.

Not located in CA so no CA taxes are collected.

Thanks
Chad
eguns.com (http://www.eguns.com/)

Brite Strike Flashlights:
http://www.eguns.com/sPearCat/1-4.woa/1/sd/eguns/Catalog/item-BSBLUEDOT//English/Image/britestrikebluedot.jpg

eguns-com
06-20-2008, 7:23 PM
btt

eguns-com
07-19-2008, 10:42 PM
btt

Bigballaizm
07-21-2008, 8:00 PM
Looks like a good deal. Haven't heard any feedback on these yet though... Are these really bright?? Thanx

eguns-com
07-21-2008, 8:47 PM
Looks like a good deal. Haven't heard any feedback on these yet though... Are these really bright?? Thanx

Hi

They are up to 90 lumens. That is quite bright for the LED they use. Current generation ones are twice as bright but also a lot more $$$. It is brighter than a Surefire 6P though by a bunch. I have the 2C MH one myself and carry it almost daily and it is very nice.

Chad

Bigballaizm
07-23-2008, 6:11 AM
Hi

They are up to 90 lumens. That is quite bright for the LED they use. Current generation ones are twice as bright but also a lot more $$$. It is brighter than a Surefire 6P though by a bunch. I have the 2C MH one myself and carry it almost daily and it is very nice.

Chad

Thanx Chad, Im a little tight on funds rite now but I'll let you know if I can scrape up some $$...

eguns-com
07-29-2008, 1:17 PM
Thanx Chad, Im a little tight on funds rite now but I'll let you know if I can scrape up some $$...

works for me!

eguns-com
08-02-2008, 12:47 PM
btt

FTC
08-02-2008, 1:10 PM
what kind of batteries does it take? are there rechargeable ones?

eguns-com
08-02-2008, 9:07 PM
These all take the 123 Lithium type batteries.

While there are 123 type rechargeable batteries, they are not recommended for any remotely hi currrent flashlight. Compared to Xenon bulbed flashlights these are low current, but they are higher than a camera which is what the 123 rechargeable are specced at I believe.

A standard Surefire 6P will get approximately 1 hour on a set of 123s. These flashlights will last multiple times that.

The Bacon Eater
08-07-2008, 2:19 PM
What does a Momentary light do? Also does the high/low one for $105 shipped come with batteries? THanks

The Bacon Eater
08-07-2008, 2:21 PM
My bad i saw that they come with the batteries. But still currious about the momentary thing. Thanks

eguns-com
08-16-2008, 12:47 PM
Hi

Sorry I missed this question. I did not have this thread in my subscription list for some reason... (fixed)

The Momentary version of the light means that the light shines as long as you are pushing in the button but when you let off, it goes off. If you push it in all the way and trigger the switch, it stays on until you switch it off.

Thanks
Chad

eguns-com
08-28-2008, 3:01 PM
btt

Ironchef
08-28-2008, 3:14 PM
What's the actual lumen ratio "out the front?" [edited for possibly thread crapping. sorry!]

Do you know if this light takes the 18650 rechargeables? That'd make things better for a cop so he doesn't go broke replacing expensive 123a cells. And I'm guessing that kind of tailcap might drain batteries making the rechargeables the way to go. I do like the regulated circuitry on it. Did I mention it was a good looking light?

The Bacon Eater
10-16-2008, 8:26 PM
I ordered one of these from Chad and i must say it has been a pleasure. Thanks again

The Bacon Eater
10-18-2008, 9:55 PM
Just got mine today. Wow! What a great flashlight. Thanks for the great deal