PDA

View Full Version : 30rd Mags and Bullet button

Ripper
06-15-2008, 1:29 PM
Hi I was wondering, if you own a Semi-Auto with a bullet button. Can you use Hi-cap Mags that you owned prior to the ban here in CA. in these type of weapons with the bullet button? Or are you stuck using Mags that have 10rd capacity? Thanks Ripper

brokestudent12
06-15-2008, 1:30 PM
Limited to 10rd with bullet button.

There's a flow chart that expains everything

ptoguy2002
06-15-2008, 1:32 PM
No. Gotta use 10rnd mags with a bullet button.
The bullet button makes the rifle a fixed mag rifle, which means that the rifle is limited to 10 rounds (legally).
Putting a high cap in your rifle w/ bb makes it an aw.

leelaw
06-15-2008, 1:36 PM
Putting a fixed magazine with a capacity greater than ten rounds onto a semi-auto, centerfire rifle makes it an assault weapon in California.

Ripper
06-15-2008, 2:02 PM
Thanks guys for the input. Ripper:)

dfletcher
06-15-2008, 5:21 PM
Semi Auto centerfire rifle with a fixed magazine is limited to 10 rounds.

Figured I'd do what everyone else did and just keep repeating the same thing over again even though it's already been posted by someone else in the same thread.

And this includes a rifle without a pistol grip. As in, an M1A with a detach preban 30 round magazine - OK. But if you were to somehow make it a fixed mag on the M1A and attach a preban 15 round mag, that's illegal. Makes sense, right? :rolleyes:

leitung
06-15-2008, 5:28 PM
There is a flow chart? I would like to see that....

Simple answer to your question is NO!

As is the answer to almost all California Gun Laws..

sloguy
06-15-2008, 5:39 PM
And this includes a rifle without a pistol grip. As in, an M1A with a detach preban 30 round magazine - OK. But if you were to somehow make it a fixed mag on the M1A and attach a preban 15 round mag, that's illegal. Makes sense, right? :rolleyes:

hes got it right. even a rifle that can legally use over-ten rounds mags becomes an illegal aw when you lock the magazine.

so, never lock anything over 10 round.

sloguy
06-15-2008, 5:40 PM
There is a flow chart? I would like to see that....

Simple answer to your question is NO!

As is the answer to almost all California Gun Laws..

the flow chart is at the top of every calguns page. right next to your name where it says "welcome, 'yourname'"