PDA

View Full Version : Various Lever Action Rifles for sale

FoothillTom
06-14-2008, 11:51 AM
Howdy folks, this is my first time posting here, but I've been posting under FoothillTom on various other forums (GlockTalk, Sniper's Hide, The Firing Line, etc.). Am liquidating a very large rifle collection for my deceased Father in Law. You can read all about that (boring, but good if you want to buy some stuff) here:

http://www.premiersoft.com/powpow

I'm starting this process by putting up several Lever Action rifles, all NIB or "As New". I've got a photo and descriptions here:

http://www.premiersoft.com/powpow/Rifles/Levers.htm

I welcome your offers. This is the first of about 100 long guns I'll be selling in the coming months. Please only email to tdayton@gmail.com as I cannot afford the time to stay current on all forums. You can certainly post here, but I just may not see it for several days.

Oh, and please refrain from asking about the "other" guns as I'll be putting those up as I move out each batch. It's the only way to stay sane and avoid getting fired from my job (for lack of work!).

Thanks for your consideration, folks!
Tom

FoothillTom
06-14-2008, 12:00 PM
Hi folks, on the advice of a senior member here, I'm going to post my entire back-story here. This text can also be found on my main page:

Hi, I’m Foothill Tom on the various forums. My Father in Law passed away in March, 2008. He was an avid shooter, big-game hunter, and collector. Before he died, he asked me to liquidate his collection so that his heirs (all woman-folk) would receive fair value. I promised I would handle this task; not realizing how much work lay ahead.

Everything listed in these pages is directly from his collection; stored meticulously in his many heated out-buildings in Idaho. Everything is NIB unless specifically stated otherwise.

About me: I’m a born/bred American and a husband to one of the heirs. I am a straight-shooter and will not jack anybody around, ever. I have represented everything to the best of my ability and will never deceive intentionally. My word is good. I’m not a dealer. I have no intention of becoming one as my job here is done with the inventory is gone. My email address is tdayton@gmail.com. Please use email for all communication as I don’t reliably go to all the forums that I’m advertising on.

The prices I’ve indicated are based on my research as bad as it may be. The research was not exhaustive and I concede they may be substantially “off” in some cases, but it’s getting better with time. If you have a link to a bonafide site selling the same item, please include it in your offer. My motivation is to liquidate this stuff at a price near dealer cost. You can’t offend me with a fair offer.

Given the size of this task (and that I have a regular job and something of a life), I must impose the following structure:

For all Firearms Sales

In all offers, please specify the Item # specified on my list. This is important to avoid confusion. Cut/paste from my page for simplicity in your correspondence to me.

I will give preference to multi-gun offers that are specific on price and quantity. Although my FinL strongly preferred individual sales, I just won’t live long enough to sell them all in that manner. The larger the quantity, the higher priority the offer will receive.

Buyer is expected to pay shipping unless otherwise negotiated in rare cases. I’m not an FFL, so my shipping options are not as favorable for handguns as you’d like. I’m using UPS because it’s the only place near my country home.

Mean-spirited or ludicrously lowball offers will simply be ignored. I’m a pretty nice guy but I just won’t have the time to deal with scheisters. I will either reject or accept an offer on its merits. I will not pit one against another in a bidding war. I may choose to put some items on an auction site for that purpose.

Single-item offers are welcome, though I will be fairly rigid on price (which will already be heavily discounted) and may not be as responsive to questions for lack of time. When the inventory shrinks, I’ll have more time to deal with individual sales.

I will NOT sell any firearms to residents of HI and will be extra-cautious about all gun sales to CA residents for obvious reasons.

Please send ALL questions/offers/correspondence to tdayton@gmail.com.

Lever Action Rifles For Sale

To preserve my sanity and ensure continued employment, I’ve decided to limit the number of long guns I advertise at any given time. As many of you know, I have quite an inventory to get through. I’m starting with a select list of Lever Action Rifles. These are all NIB. I’ve posted a picture of each but will be taking other angles as time goes on. I’ve also included a “compare @” link to assist you in getting manufacturer’s details and an idea about retail/wholesale pricing.

Email me with offers. Thanks!

califcowboy
06-14-2008, 12:21 PM
If you're extra cautious about selling to CA residents for obvious reasons why do you have this posted here?

Moonclip
06-14-2008, 12:25 PM
They cant have a lver action rifle in HI? And CA is probably the nations largest market for guns, thats why it's listed here.

im2ninja4u
06-14-2008, 12:29 PM
FoothillTom is a stand up guy, I bought a Riflescope from him on the snipershide forum, great service!!! Get what you can, because the prices are really competitive with whats around.

Knifemaker
06-14-2008, 1:39 PM
So you have 100 guns for sale but your going to do 8 at a time or am I missing some of them? Iam interested, maybe in several of them but only showing 8 at a time makes it tough for multiple sales.....Its also not a big deal selling long guns to CA, since your posting these on a CA forum as mentioned above, thought you might want to know. As long as they are not assault weapons you just have to ship them to an FFL. If they are 50 years old or older they fall under C&R laws and can be shipped to anyone with a C&R FFL03 license.Good luck with your sales.

06-14-2008, 1:41 PM
Are you doing PPT's in Auburn?

shooter4ever
06-14-2008, 3:43 PM
Email with an offer sent

JohnV
06-14-2008, 3:46 PM
sent a PM

Thefeeder
06-14-2008, 5:36 PM
I would be interested in any Brownings.

FoothillTom
06-16-2008, 8:57 AM
Howdy folks, Despite what my "disclaimer" says, I'm obviously selling these long guns to CA residents. I wrote that disclaimer when I was selling 100+ handguns and was not interested in the various restrictions here and HI.

I'll update the text this morning. Sorry for the confusion.

Now, to the gentleman asking about the rest of the list, I understand it's difficult to make a multi-gun purchase with only 8 of the 100 (or so) advertised, but for now, I have to limit this process to keep my job. Many of you are dealers (I am not), but it's difficult to hold down an 8-hour-a-day job and manage the ton of communication that would come in around 100 rifles selling at dealer or below.

Finally, my job here is to SELL these rifles for the estate, not to hold out for premium prices. Though I'm not fire-selling these either, my intent is to sell these at or below dealer. If you have a link to a price, send it along in your offer and I'll adjust accordingly.

I appreciate your interest.
Tom

FoothillTom
06-16-2008, 9:03 AM
Oh, and with respect to the PTP (FTF) transfers...I understand that may be preferable to many of you. I'm happy to do that if it makes sense logistically and economically. I haven't ever done a PTP, but there is a "Sportsman's Warehouse" store in Roseville, CA that I frequent and that would work.

My preference is to use USPS, but I completely understand the need to see/touch these items prior to sale.

I realize words are cheap and anybody can represent themselves as anything online, but for what it's worth, I'm a straight-shooter. I won't hose anybody, ever. My word is good. If there's a problem at any point, I'll make it right. I've sold over 100 handguns, 30 scopes, 200 magazines, and 1000's of rounds of ammo in the past 2 months and I'd like to think everyone got *exactly* what they wanted at a very fair price.

tom

bd457
06-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Tom is 100% trustable and a very stand-up and honest guy. I've had 2 flawless deals with him and hope to have more. Deal with total confidence.

And I would be interested in .22's

FoothillTom
06-16-2008, 10:41 AM
Howdy again, just an FYI that I've updated my lever gun list this morning. Reduced the prices on 3 of the items about 9% based on some price research. If I haven't made this clear, I'm trying real hard to sell at or below dealer price to get these items sold. I'm just trying to get fair value for the estate, not take anybody to the cleaners.

Thanks for your interest!

Tom

Jeff P
06-27-2008, 6:02 PM
Tom,

The Marlin arrived at the dealer. Even the FFL liked the looks. Pretty nice looker. Can't wait for the first shot.
Folks, don't hesitate to buy from Tom. He is a straight shooter.

FoothillTom
07-14-2008, 9:11 AM
Hi folks, I still have 3 lever rifles for sale -- although a different set of 3 from the last time (a deal fell through and another one sold).

I've lowered the prices $20 on each rifle so I'm pretty certain these are priced substantially below market value.

Please let me know if you would like to make an offer or hear more about an item. Thanks for your consideration.

Tom

kstrongsyj
07-15-2008, 6:32 AM
Will you email me the comlete list?

kstrongsyj@yahoo.com

FoothillTom
08-18-2008, 7:46 AM
Hi folks,

As I've mentioned before, I'm selling a NUMBER of rifles for my deceased FinL's estate. I've got about 55% of them inventoried, photographed, and put online. If you're interested in getting an extremely good price on either NIB or "As New" rifles & shotguns, I'd simply ask you to take a look at my powpow list here:

http://www.premiersoft.com/powpow/

I have Remington LH bolt-actions, Browning LH bolt-actions, Savage LH bolt-actions, Ruger LH bolt-actions, and about 9 Mossberg pump 12 GA shotguns.

I am NOT a dealer, so please don't dismiss me as such. I'm a private citizen with a real job (not this) and am just trying to fulfill a promise to my Father in Law who wanted to see his large collection put to good use.

No monkey business here. Just an honest guy trying to do the right thing.

Thanks for your interest.
Tom

tankerman
08-18-2008, 10:06 AM
Email and PM sent on one of today's listed firearms
Hi folks,

As I've mentioned before, I'm selling a NUMBER of rifles for my deceased FinL's estate. I've got about 55% of them inventoried, photographed, and put online. If you're interested in getting an extremely good price on either NIB or "As New" rifles & shotguns, I'd simply ask you to take a look at my powpow list here:

http://www.premiersoft.com/powpow/

I have Remington LH bolt-actions, Browning LH bolt-actions, Savage LH bolt-actions, Ruger LH bolt-actions, and about 9 Mossberg pump 12 GA shotguns.

I am NOT a dealer, so please don't dismiss me as such. I'm a private citizen with a real job (not this) and am just trying to fulfill a promise to my Father in Law who wanted to see his large collection put to good use.

No monkey business here. Just an honest guy trying to do the right thing.

Thanks for your interest.
Tom