PDA

View Full Version : Benelli M4 stock

pcesar
06-07-2008, 4:35 AM
Hey guys, I have a Benelli M4 with the fixed stock and pistol grip that I purchased some time ago. I have been looking into buying the collapsible stock, but relized that I need a buffer tube that will accept the collapsible stock, but that will not collapse, to make it Ca legal. I guess what I am looking for is a buffer tube like the one that came with the Benelli M1014 that was sold in CA a while ago. I have had no luck finding one. Does anyone know where I can get one? Are they even made? I'm assuming that my only option is to find a Benelli M1014 and trade out my M4. Any suggestion will help. There was a member here some time ago that was selling a buffer tube that he removed from his M1014, but sold it before I had the chance to buy it. Thanks alot guys and keep up the good work.

randy
06-07-2008, 5:45 AM
Shoot it enjoy it and keep your eyes open one will turn up. Watch EBay and gun broker and guns america. Post it in the WTB area.

Solidmch
06-07-2008, 6:20 AM
Talk to Ion at Irvington arms. He know a lot on that subject.

ar15barrels
06-07-2008, 11:19 PM
The stock with the correct tube are running around $600 on eBay.
You would need to pin the stock in place so that it does not move.

gobler
11-01-2013, 12:29 PM
I sent a special contribution to NRA to help with litigation . Maybe a monthly pledge would help more .

Well since I became a life member of the NRA I now donate my "membership" money to the NRA-ILA. I try to give at least $200 - $300 a year.

Sent from somewhere in time & space...

Vertigofirearms
11-01-2013, 5:04 PM
I have a few spare buffer tubes, let me see if I got the single notch one.

Vertigofirearms
11-01-2013, 5:11 PM
You do realize it will be a pain to replace the receiver extensions???

The Gleam
11-01-2013, 5:50 PM
Honestly, on the M4, the regular buttstock is much more preferable.

I own one of the original M1014 (with the US flag stamped on it) - and the non-collapsing skeleton butt-stock is hokey and much less functional than a regular buttstock.

It's less "tactical" than its tactical appearance or suggestion would imply (especially since it is not collapsible), and since you can't collapse it, it becomes a pointless feature, LESS than ideal, an much LESS comfortable stock in several ways with hindered sight acquisition speed and decreased benefit of a cheek-weld (or non-existent) nor as quick to shoulder than what you get with a regular buttstock. The skeleton stock also tends to hook and catch on stuff, clothing, etc., because of it's rod-like attributes.

Having both, you are wasting your time and a good deal of money on a fixed skeleton stock for an M4 unless you want it to emulate something that looks like a gun out of a video game or a Hollywood movie prop. It's actually a downgrade from a regular buttstock; trust me. Do it, and I bet you'll regret it.