PDA

View Full Version : ~My OLL is Happening Soon!~

Rugerman
06-06-2008, 12:41 PM
I'm getting some money due to car accident and was wondering about jumping on the OLL bandwagon before its too late, since I can an upper receiver anytime.

I was considering Stag Arms but Noveske caught my eye as I was watching a 3-Gun competition on the Outdoor Channel.

So, whats the cosenus on Noveske OLL parts? Good? Bad? Excellent? I'm up for other recommendations as well.

BP88
06-06-2008, 1:12 PM
Noveske is really good from what I hear and see. Stag is fine, though. I have a Stag and it shoots great everytime.

gcvt
06-06-2008, 1:25 PM
Noveske is top quality stuff.

Darklyte27
06-06-2008, 1:41 PM
Theres a guy on this fourm, he has stags for 110$ shipped also doublestar for 100$ shipped. Thats what I ordered..

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=101476

J_Rock
06-06-2008, 1:45 PM
are you talking about just the lower or the whole package put together?

xcrunner805
06-06-2008, 1:49 PM
Get a Mega Gator lower...they're near perfect.

Darklyte27
06-06-2008, 1:52 PM
sounds like he just wants to get a lower first because they might be not avail in the future. While he can get uppers anytime he wants to get the lowers first.

J_Rock
06-06-2008, 2:13 PM
So just the lowers then? OK, hate to break it to you but Stag Arms and Noveske both get their receivers from CMT. Same product different roll mark. If you want a deer on your lower get a stag, if you want some kind of wonky cross get a noveske.

Hopi
06-06-2008, 2:20 PM
I'm getting some money due to car accident and was wondering about jumping on the OLL bandwagon before its too late, since I can an upper receiver anytime.

You don't live in Redding do you? Please tell me you haven't been talking to Jones Fort?!

Buying/storing/hoarding lowers is great and all, but the fear of a ban is, imho, silly at this point in the game. The DOJ has been stripped of their ability to list in CA and federally, well........

Heller

Rugerman
06-06-2008, 3:07 PM
Hmmmm, I see some mixed opinions. Thanks for all the answers guys! I appreciate it. I'm probably going to get a Stag to start off with a Model 2HT assembled upper.

I plan to get this setup:

Stag Arms LPK
Stag Arms LE 6 Position Stock
Stag Arms LE Stamped Lower
Stag Arms Model 2HT Assembled Upper
Prince 50 Mag Lock
Two(2) Magpul Rail Covers
Midwest Industries Flip Up Front Sight

Anything else I might need? I'm going to get a EOTech 511 or 512 from GG&G later with their Quick Detach Accucam and lense covers, so the optic part is covered.

P.S. Is the EOTech's battery latch really that hard to use? If it is, I might get the GG&G EOTech batter latch replacement.