PDA

View Full Version : JP Performance SRTS question...

Prowler
06-06-2008, 7:54 AM
Anyone using the JP Performance SRTS (Short Range Tactical Sight), in addition to optics? For 3-gun, what color post are you using and at what distance did you zero? I will be mounting my set-up next week and wanted to get some opinions. Thanks for your feedback!

gose
06-06-2008, 8:14 AM
Orange post, zeroed at 25y.

In the last few matches I haven't even had it mounted. I'm using a variable scope (Meopta K-dot), so I might as well just turn the knob while switching positions. The SRTS is just another thing that can get in the way when navigating around props.

I used to have it mounted in the 1.30 slot as far out as possible on the handguard (V-Tac), and I found myself hitting props with it more than once, especially when shooting on the left side around tight barricades. I tried to mount it closer to the scope instead, which seems to decrease the potential for snagging, so I'll try that in the next match.

uscbigdawg
06-06-2008, 1:32 PM
I used to have it on my Tactical/Tac-Optics rifle, but took it off (I actually need to sell it). Play with the front post and see which works best FOR YOU. In the end, I went with a fiber optic front post. Similar to my Limited gun, so visually it was a similar sight picture.

As for zero'ing, I zeroed mine at 15 yards and nailed the holdovers out to 75. The optic I was using was a 2.5-7x and then I started running an ACOG TA-01NSN. Now, it has an EOTech w/ magnifier on a QD and side flip mount. The variables are nice, but the FOV of the EOTech more than gets it ahead of the curve. Depending on the match, I switch between this scope setup and the Accu-Point.

Rich

Prowler
06-06-2008, 2:38 PM
I used to have it on my Tactical/Tac-Optics rifle, but took it off (I actually need to sell it). Play with the front post and see which works best FOR YOU. In the end, I went with a fiber optic front post. Similar to my Limited gun, so visually it was a similar sight picture.

As for zero'ing, I zeroed mine at 15 yards and nailed the holdovers out to 75. The optic I was using was a 2.5-7x and then I started running an ACOG TA-01NSN. Now, it has an EOTech w/ magnifier on a QD and side flip mount. The variables are nice, but the FOV of the EOTech more than gets it ahead of the curve. Depending on the match, I switch between this scope setup and the Accu-Point.

Rich

Did you take it off because of the change in optics? Or was it because you didn't like it or had problems?

uscbigdawg
06-06-2008, 6:00 PM
Sorry. Should have mentioned that.

It's completely match to match based honestly. If it's a "long range" match (i.e. the point value or quantity of long shots are great) then I'll run a medium variable or my TA01NSN for the long/medium shots (>100) and the SRTS for everything else.

For the typical "club" match I'll run either the Accu-Point or EOTech/Magnifier Combo. Basically, the stages and match style dictate the setup. Just think that if it's a "typical" match where it's a balance, the Accu-Point works great. If it's a "small" club, and so shots are mostly under 100 yards with probably 3-5 long shots then the EOTech w/ magnifier out is my preference. Again FOV over the Accu-Point rules there, but that's 'cause I don't totally like shooting the Accu-Point OEG.

Hope that helps.

Rich