PDA

View Full Version : 10/22 barrel band problem

mossy
06-05-2008, 11:05 PM
i have my 10/22 mounted in a BC folder. i just noticed that when the barrel band is on the gun, the barrel is pulled deep in the stock, and the recver and trigger group are lifted up. this is what caused the trigger pin to bounce out becaose the trigger group was lifteed out of the right position. do i need to have to keep the barrel band on the rifle? if so how can i fix the problem.

X-NewYawker
06-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Unless the stock is designed to keep the barrel band lose it -- which MODEL # is the stock. Is it Butler Creek folder? Post a picture of it?

mossy
06-06-2008, 12:00 AM
Unless the stock is designed to keep the barrel band lose it -- which MODEL # is the stock. Is it Butler Creek folder? Post a picture of it?

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i13/balisong-crazy/IMG_2376.jpg

yes it is a butler creek folder here it is with the band on.

bohoki
06-06-2008, 10:59 AM
every folding stock ive ever seen takes minor fitting i think you need to sand or file down the reciever mounting lug inside the stock it looks like the rear is standing a bit proud

it may be nothing more than a mould burr just file a little reinsert the rifle untill the back of the receiver is even with the stock

oh another thing sometimes the rear of the lower triggerguard hits the back of the stock too and juts it up

i had that problem so bad that a black warrior stock split down the middle

i filed the back of the trigger guard to fit since it was too hard to remove material from the stock

judging by your doggie door installation you have a bit of tinkering skills

mossy
06-06-2008, 4:31 PM
it looks like the rear is standing a bit proud

that is because of the barrel band. it pulls recever out a bit. when i take the band off the recever fits just right. do i need to keep the barrel band on the rifle?

ohsmily
06-06-2008, 4:42 PM
that is because of the barrel band. it pulls recever out a bit. when i take the band off the recever fits just right. do i need to keep the barrel band on the rifle?

No, it isn't sitting just right if putting the barrel band on makes the rear rise up. If that is happening, then there is a part of that stock on the receiver side that is out of spec and keeping the receiver a little higher than it is supposed to be. Look at the inside of your factory ruger stock as compared to the BC folding stock. Figure out where the BD folder is out of spec.

bohoki
06-06-2008, 5:36 PM

i wouldnt use a folding stock without a barrel band because i'm a bit rough with them

you have forced me to whip out my camera

see the rub line in my bc stock the rear of the triggerguard was rubbing
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e366/bohoki/DCP_6172.jpg

thereforethe back of the reciever should be even with the lower rear of the trigger guard
http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e366/bohoki/DCP_6174.jpg

so take a file and make the lower rear of the triggerguard even with the back of the reciever