View Full Version : Need a rear support for F-class and tactical shooting

06-05-2008, 7:37 PM
Obviously for this type of shooting monopods won't make the cut. Whats a good rear support? Naturally, I prefer beanbags but I can't seem to find any. What kind of rear supports are out there besides the accu-shot monopod?

06-05-2008, 7:39 PM
If you get a front rest, look at the new F-Class bipod from sinclear international.

06-05-2008, 8:00 PM
For the tactical matches at Sac Valley a lot of the guys use products from Tac Ready by David Kerley. He's one of the shooters and a sponsor of the matches.

For F class matches, a "bunny ear" type rear bag works well. I believe Sportsmans Warehouse in Roseville (Rocklin?) carries them on the shelf. They can also be purchased already filled from places like Midway.

06-05-2008, 8:04 PM
Make your own - get an old sock fill it to desired fullness with polypellets and tie it up. Thats what started rear bags and the home made variety still work pretty good.

06-05-2008, 8:12 PM
What class are you shooting in? F-Open or F-T/R? I assume from your previous posts that you will be shooting F-T/R, but I'd rather you state it explicitly rather than assume. The class you will shoot will determine what you can use.

For instance, if you will be shooting in F-T/R, you can't use the Accu-shot monopod since it attaches to the rifle (which is illegal in F-T/R according to the NRA Rulebook 3.4.1 (b) (4).

Also, the type of stock you will be using will come in to play. For example, rabbit ear bags are 'adjustable' by moving the rear bag forward or back, assuming the bottom of the stock has a taper.

06-05-2008, 8:20 PM
I was told that F/TR would be more suited for my rifles. So this is what I will pursue. I want something thats good for F-class but also good for tactical shooting. I have not done a tac match yet but I'm told that its best to have the most mobile gear you can get. I have a pack I can shoot off of but I really prefer using a rear rest.

Thanks for the info so far fellas. Good stuff. :D