PDA

View Full Version : tight C Products magazines/Mega lower

jb7706
06-04-2008, 10:59 PM
I am wrapping up my first OLL build. I used a Mega lower and C Products 10 rd mags. All 4 of the mags I bought (new) are quite snug, one so snug I have to break open the rifle to push the magazine out. Are Mega's known to be tight, or are the mags a bit big?

lakai
06-05-2008, 3:24 AM
Mega's are tight with pmags usually. Remember your lower is still a virgin so just put the mag in and release a few dozen times.

Blacktail 8541
06-05-2008, 8:09 AM
Latley, Mega recievers have had a problem with mag well tightness. It should wear in but you can always contact Mega. they are aware of the problem.

redrover
06-05-2008, 10:35 AM
I have the same problem with my Mega and Superior Arms tight mag wells. The problem seems to be with the stainless version C prod mags. The aluminum ones fit perfect. To fix the problem, I took a pair of pliers and VERY carefully squeezed the back ridge of the magazine.

As for the plastic pmags, you can probably file down the back ridge to make it fit properly.

mecam
06-05-2008, 12:30 PM
I am wrapping up my first OLL build. I used a Mega lower and C Products 10 rd mags. All 4 of the mags I bought (new) are quite snug, one so snug I have to break open the rifle to push the magazine out. Are Mega's known to be tight, or are the mags a bit big?

If you have to do that, something is out of spec on the lower. CP mags are drop free mags whether it's Stainless Steel or Aluminum.

xcrunner805
06-06-2008, 3:01 PM
I have a Mega gator lower as well with a C Products steel 10/30 round mag and it fits nice and snug, no issues. hint (you can push the 2 tabs in on those to make them 30 rounders...) and then push them back to normal if need be.

mecam
06-06-2008, 3:36 PM
I have a Mega gator lower as well with a C Products steel 10/30 round mag and it fits nice and snug, no issues. hint (you can push the 2 tabs in on those to make them 30 rounders...) and then push them back to normal if need be.

If you push those tabs in, you are manufacturing a high cap mag which is a FELONY!!!

xcrunner805
06-06-2008, 3:43 PM
yea that's true, well I'm just saying it's possible if zombies attack the US that us Californians can convert our 10/30's to 30's and mow em down. Somewhere I heard the state dropped the charges from a felony to a misdemeanor though. Not like it makes it any better but still. Anyone heard of this?

SFFRONTMAN
06-06-2008, 3:46 PM

We do not advocate nor tolerate illegal activities on this board so please do not post things like stated above.

Fast Eddie
06-06-2008, 3:54 PM
I"m surprised nobody has threatened to turn you in for a statement like that. Calguns morality police must be on break:cool:

xcrunner805
06-06-2008, 3:59 PM
I haven't even shot my new AR yet...let alone did I actually modify the mag. It's just an observation on the way those C products mag are modified to only hold 10 rounds.

wildcard
06-06-2008, 4:19 PM
I've witnessed first hand out of spec c-products mag bodies that would bulge when fully loaded and would not fit into a magwell. As a comparison, other mags were fully loaded and functioned fine in the same magwell.

jb7706
06-06-2008, 9:49 PM
I did get an email response from Justin at C Products:

"What happened was you might have gotten a bad batch of mags. Please send the mags back to us and include your name, ship-to address, and a filled out copy of our customer return form and once we receive your return we will send you new replacement mags for free. We will process your return ASAP. Thank you."

No hassle or flak, just send 'em back and we'll make it right. I like that. :)

I placed a call to Mega, no return call yet. Seems guys have had trouble with both mags and Mega lowers. I am gonna try known good mags from a buddy in it before I spend the money to ship the mags back, I want to rule out the lower.

Anyone had any experience with Mega customer service?