PDA

View Full Version : B-15 Install Problem and Solution - Update June 12

Toolbox X
06-04-2008, 5:33 PM
The first run of B-15's was limited to 100 for a number of reasons. Field testing is one of those reasons.

Those of you who have received B-15's from my first run will probably find the cap screw has very little room to travel when the top of the cap screw is flush with the top of the B-15.

The solution to this is to cut one and a half coils from the small spring that comes with the B-15. The B-15 will work a lot smoother after you modify the spring.

If you have destroyed your spring or your B-15 rattles please email me your shipping address so I can mail you a new spring to try. CARifles@gmail.com

The next run of B-15's have a few small changes that should fix all of these issues.

I won't be satisfied until you can slam the B-15 on and off at will, and it works perfect every time.
I'm a shooter. I designed the B-15 to be used, not to just sit in your safe.

I appreciate all of the feedback from everyone and I really appreciate your patience. I'm just a normal guy. I've got a full time job, a wife and two little boys 2 and 4 years old. Life isn't easy right now, but I'm working on it. With your help, the B-15 will be everything it was designed to be.

-Grant

mgutterres
06-06-2008, 11:34 PM
The first run of B-15's was limited to 100 for a number of reasons. Field testing is one of those reasons.

Those of you who have received B-15's from my first run will probably find the cap screw has very little room to travel when the top of the cap screw is flush with the top of the B-15.

The solution to this is to cut one and a half coils from the small spring that comes with the B-15. The B-15 will work a lot smoother after you modify the spring.

I am going to find a better spring to use with the next batch of B-15's. If anyone has any other issues please feel from to email me at CARifles@gmail.com

-Grant

Works like a dream with that fix. Thanks!

tenpercentfirearms
06-07-2008, 8:57 AM
It is very important that you do not have your screw extend any length past the housing. I was able to put pressure with my thumb down onto the even slightly protruding screw and then back the screw out. After backing it out a little bit, by simply pushing on the screw, the magazine relased.

Please cut your spring if it is necessary.

Blacky
06-13-2008, 5:52 PM
Like any new product, there may be a few bugs. I got one of the first run, the spring is a little funky, it ended up getting squashed. I am using a spring from a writing pen and it still works but is a little sloppy.

I think once a few tweaks are made this is going to be on a lot of CA residence guns. Excellent work.

Spyduh
06-13-2008, 9:16 PM
Like any new product, there may be a few bugs. I got one of the first run, the spring is a little funky, it ended up getting squashed. I am using a spring from a writing pen and it still works but is a little sloppy.

I think once a few tweaks are made this is going to be on a lot of CA residence guns. Excellent work.

I agree that once the bugs are worked out this would be on a lot of CA ARs. as well. I liked the concept of the product so much I didn't wait for the bugs to be worked out. I built my 2 very first OLLs with B-15's. This is the best product on the market that allows flexibility of a BB and P50 design.

I tore up 4 different types of pens and mechanical pencils to salvage a collection of springs. After experimenting with different lengths, I ended up with 2 working B-15s. Yes it's still a little jiggly but it's flush and it ejects with ease! I have the utmost faith in this product that the designer will provide us a fix for the current problems we are currently having.

hoffmang
06-15-2008, 9:22 PM
I've been slow making the mod, but now that I have, I have a B-15 equipped Milpitas lower!

Ah luxury.

-Gene