PDA

View Full Version : Just bought my first Rifle

Haymaker
06-04-2008, 5:07 PM
Hello everyone. I just bought my first rifle. I bought a cali legal Stag Model 2T from lanworld. I live in Pacifica CA. I am wondering if you would know of any closer FFLs that would do the transfer. As of now im looking at one in fremont. Ive already gone over my limit buying this thing and now im looking at high transfer fees and gas/bridge. I have 2 questoins actually. Who can i go to that is closer to pacifica that will accept such a rifle (cali legal yet out of state) and 2. What ranges nearby can i feel safe bringing my new rifle to? Ive been doing alot of research online at this forum especially. I was hesitant to buy and then i just well.. i just did it. Also is there an issue with the search function? sometimes it works and sometimes it dont.

Max-the-Silent
06-04-2008, 5:13 PM
Hello everyone. I just bought my first rifle. I bought a cali legal Stag Model 2T from lanworld. I live in Pacifica CA. I am wondering if you would know of any closer FFLs that would do the transfer. As of now im looking at one in fremont. Ive already gone over my limit buying this thing and now im looking at high transfer fees and gas/bridge. I have 2 questoins actually. Who can i go to that is closer to pacifica that will accept such a rifle (cali legal yet out of state) and 2. What ranges nearby can i feel safe bringing my new rifle to? Ive been doing alot of research online at this forum especially. I was hesitant to buy and then i just well.. i just did it. Also is there an issue with the search function? sometimes it works and sometimes it dont.

City Arms in Pacifica is gtg.

You can shoot to your hearts content at Los Altos Hills:

www.losaltosrodandgunclub.com

Haymaker
06-04-2008, 5:24 PM
I called City Arms. Ive bought 2 pistols from them and i like the place. Maybe i should try in person but over the phone they flat out said no way.

tazmanian devil dog
06-04-2008, 6:31 PM
Good purchase and welcome to calguns.

gcvt
06-04-2008, 10:08 PM
Maybe i should try in person but over the phone they flat out said no way.

Seems odd considering they're a sponsor on this site, no?

Is Tabor's in San Bruno OLL friendly? I bought a few things there recently and they seem like nice folks...but we weren't talking about OLLs.

Welcome to the site!

huck
06-04-2008, 10:26 PM

Looks like a nice gun. Congrats.

Delfunk2015
06-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Just popped my stag2T's cherry today. It was nice =)

StupidMoFo
06-04-2008, 11:31 PM
Seems odd considering they're a sponsor on this site, no?

Is Tabor's in San Bruno OLL friendly? I bought a few things there recently and they seem like nice folks...but we weren't talking about OLLs.

Welcome to the site!

Lol tabors is like the antichrist regarding OLLS

gcvt
06-04-2008, 11:37 PM
Lol tabors is like the antichrist regarding OLLS

Good to know - I just go there for CB caps for my .22 and had never brought it up.

Haymaker
06-05-2008, 2:35 PM
I called tabors and the guy over the phone explained that they dont do it anymore because of legal fees. I emailed Jackson arms and they replied that they dont do transfers anymore. I'm going to try Rogers Relics. I believe you can get stripped lowers from City Arms but not a fully built cali legal rifle.

Thanks for all the help and i appreciate the welcomes. I have had nothing but good experiences (dispite the search button issues which may be my own computer anyhow). This place is great. Keep up the good work.

thomas hobbes
06-05-2008, 3:47 PM
Maybe Bullseye in San Rafael?

doughboy334
06-05-2008, 4:56 PM
what about Irvington Arms in Fremont?

BroncoBob
06-05-2008, 6:46 PM
Congrats on your rifle purchase and welcome to calguns. Isn't Chris a pleasure to work with at lanworld? Everytime I've talked to him either by phone or email it was like he already knew me. Todate I've made 3 AR purchases from him. As soon as he gets some of those cute GSG-5's in that will make #4 purchase. Since I live over in Tracy I can't be much help with a close-by FFL. But if you're open to a little drive try Rob Blank at RMB in Milpitas (408) 946-5289. He only charges $65.00 for the transfer and drous. That will take some of the sting out of the drive. All my purchases from Chris at lanworld went through RMB. Best of luck.:party:

Solidsnake87
06-05-2008, 7:44 PM
Congrats! Be warned though, it is impossible to own just one black rifle!!!!!

Haymaker
06-05-2008, 9:19 PM
Congrats! Be warned though, it is impossible to own just one black rifle!!!!!

I'm sure that is true for most, however I dont see myself spending close to a grand on another gun for a long time. I still havent even bought the ammo yet (BTW any suggestions on cheap yet good 5.56 ammo?).

Everyone keeps asking me ,"why did you buy this thing?" I tell them 1st its for fun, and 2nd its for just in case the big one hits and its as bad as they say it might be. I just hope that the Governator can do something constructive with this jacked up budget soon enough for me to keep my civil service job and then maybe just maybe I'll get this disease you speak of.

NoobShooter
06-06-2008, 11:39 PM
I'm infected... check my list of weapons...

And now I'm consider another handgun (45 cal) OR a Ca-legal MP-5 clone from Cold War Shooters.