PDA

View Full Version : My new Tikka T3 Tactical...first impressions

BigBamBoo
06-04-2008, 8:30 AM

PatriotnMore
06-04-2008, 8:34 AM
Love Tikka's, thats a sweet set up. I wouldn't worry about the plastic issue, plastic is great in the field, less weight, and you don't have to worry about the environment ruining it. They are high grade composites, and I think you will appreciate it more over time.

Congrats on Amber, she is beautiful, and I am sure a wonderful woman. Marriage is work, but I am sure you know that. I've been married for 26 years, so I know a thing or two, good luck!

brando
06-04-2008, 8:43 AM
Yup, Tikka T3s are one of the best values out there right now. The Finns really know how to make rifles :)

duenor
06-04-2008, 12:43 PM
I have the exact same rifle. If you paid $900 for the rifle with the muzzle brake (SAKO IIRC) included, you got a helluva deal.

I paid $1000 for the same rifle, with the brake and a SS Tasco 20x.
What killed me was the shipping and dros fees. The guy who sold it to me (here on this board) shipped it through an FFL instead of by himself through UPS as we had agreed on... instead of $20 from san diego it became $120. I was pretty much ready to give him $35 and let him eat the rest since I hadn't agreed to that, but after shooting the gun for a bit I really liked it and so sent him half to split the cost instead.

The T3 is very accurate.. very pretty... my only gripe is that for such a high end gun it really doesn't offer than many advantages over the lower priced Tikka T3 - the only real difference is the integrated rail and marginally better stock.

BigBamBoo
06-04-2008, 2:49 PM

X-NewYawker
06-04-2008, 3:44 PM
I hope that brake is drilled for 30 caliber!

Seriously fine looking rifle and with THAT scope, as accurate as any 3000 buck custom tactical rifle.

BigBamBoo
06-04-2008, 4:26 PM

jakjakman
06-04-2008, 4:30 PM
Ha! Buying guns after the wedding. That's a good one. ;)

duenor
06-04-2008, 6:02 PM
Dude, I was just about to go :eek: when I read that you were going to put a 223 brake on a 308... imagine the KB that would ensue...

but I'm glad you've checked it. That brake is $250 alone, so you got a damn good deal. I lost my thread cap - when I talked to Tikka at SHOT they promised to send me one but when I took them up on the offer their rep sent me a sale broschure :rolleyes:

That rifle shoots well. I wish the magazines were $85 though.

Oh, and look! your rifle is bigger than your wife! :p