PDA

View Full Version : FFL and COE address change

pklin1297
02-24-2015, 8:38 AM
Hello all,

Searched for this on google but read several conflicting threads so hopefully can get this cleared up here...

I currently have an 03 FFL and COE registered to my old address where my parents reside now. I got married last year and have been living with my wife at our new home. I would like to change the address associated to the licenses to my current address. What is the proper way to do so? I know I should notify of change 30 days prior to moving, but since both addresses are technically mine, I didn't see the need at the time.

I have read posts where I need to send in the Federal form, but then another post said only a simple letter stating old and new address, license number, etc. is needed. I would assume I need to notify the Federal government since the license is Federal, but then also Cal. DOJ since the COE is State, and also the CLEO of my new address, I just need to know what is the proper way of doing it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

pklin1297
03-02-2015, 4:36 PM
Anyone?

SanPedroShooter
03-02-2015, 6:03 PM
Call the ATF in WVA and ask. I actually find the ATF licensing bureau helpful on 03 matters Or just google 'FFL03 Address change'.

Is the COE tied to an address? I think mine just has my name on it.

SanPedroShooter
03-02-2015, 6:06 PM
https://www.atf.gov/files/forms/download/atf-f-5300-38.pdf

ccandgc
03-02-2015, 6:34 PM
COE is tied to an address. Just send a note to them. Call the ATF in WV and ask. I've had really nice calls with them.

pklin1297
03-05-2015, 9:24 AM
Called both ATF and Cal. DOJ this morning. Left message with ATF since it went straight to voicemail. With the DOJ I got transferred to a line that just rang and rang so I hung up and send email inquiry instead. Will see what happens with both...

Either case, I've got the 5300-38 filled out and original copy of 03 FFL ready to send to ATF, which is what my license says to do, contrary to other posts I've read on here and other forums.

pklin1297
03-09-2015, 11:07 AM
Got a call from Cal. DOJ this morning, then got transferred to the person in charge of the COEs and was told no less than six times that all I had to do was either fill out the renewal form with new info, or send a letter to them with name, COE number, and new address and it'll get changed. After all said and done, the lady changed my records right over the phone but stressed again and again, that she will not do this again in the future because she is swamped with COE applications and if she took calls for change of record during the day, she would not be able to get her work done.... She sounded flustered but still nice about it. Anyway, one down and now to change my FFL address...