View Full Version : Tons of AR-15 Q's

06-03-2008, 10:20 PM
A buncha Q's...

Has anyone yet used the new upper + chromed bolt assembly with side handle from Alexander arms? I got one ready to go and I'm wondering if anyone's used one before and ever had problems with the handle staying in.

Has anyone used the Lasermax Uni-Max low profile laser on an AR-15 rail and knows how high it is compared to a Magpul XT textured rail cover? Yeah weird question I know.

Has anyone shot/used the new Wolf Gold MPT 6.5 Grendel HPs?

Anyone got some .50 Beowulf ammo they want to sell me? :P

I'm building this...
Take a close look at the upper receiver, notice how thick it is and the way the bolt catch is kind of recessed... it's because the walls of the upper are three times thicker than a normal upper. This is the upper that I mentioned! It comes with a chromed bolt carrier which has a nice handle in the side like this...
I actually REALLY like the handle. It's far easier to engage and I've got an Oly AC4 pneumatic buffer in that PRS stock. :) Comments? Questions? Suggestions?

Has anyone used a carbon fiber upper receiver? Are they sturdy/strong enough to take the punishment of a .50 Beowulf setup?

I have a "cheap" NCStar 40x Mark 2 scope I'm thinking about using for my big Grendel build. Has anyone used one of these and knows if it'll shoot itself apart quickly or have some helpful info?

I also have a spare NICE carbon fiber barrel in .223 Wylde as well as a NICE Vanadium Alloy barrel in 6.5 Grendel if anyone is interested...

06-03-2008, 11:49 PM
Most of your Grendel questions are answered here:

Most of your Beowulf questions are answered here:

I would not use a carbon upper with a Beo.

Try Lars for ammo:

If he is out, try Midway.

BTW, my Beowulf has killed two scopes already. Eotech seems to be holding up, however.

06-04-2008, 12:19 AM
Grendel.com is overly biased, IMO. I want to hear the s**t talk about a product instead of how great it is first. I already know how great it is. :) I already looked on .50Beowulf.com and therefore I already know about Lars. I emailed him repeatedly - nothing as far as ammo is concerned. I wouldn't be posting this stuff here unless I'd exhausted other options, so I'm just asking if anyone has further knowledge or just so happens to be sitting on a few cases of Beowulf ammo. ;) Midway NEVER has anything!!! Makes me sooo angry. I check Midway probably once a day for it. As for scopes? That's one thing I have absolutely no doubt about. I do have an Eotech which I was planning on using with the Beowulf, but I also wanted a laser for some odd reason. We'll see how it goes... I have an ACOG I might use with the Beo as well, I'm pretty sure that would hold up...

06-04-2008, 8:14 AM
Midway NEVER has anything!!! Makes me sooo angry. I check Midway probably once a day for it.

Just place a standing backorder.
When they get it in, they fill the order.
Also, you can signup for product arrival notification.
This sometimes will work, but sometimes they sell out before you get the email and place the order on high-demand items.