View Full Version : bedding in socal

06-03-2008, 5:42 PM
anybody does good bedding work in L.A./OC ?

mcmillan stock and M14 action. thanks.

06-03-2008, 6:12 PM
why dont you buy the brownells steel bed kit and do it yourself?

or you can use DevCon, but it doesnt come in a kit.

only other thing you will need besides that kit is Kiwi neutral color shoe polish as a release agent. (the one that comes in the little can)
and some plummers putty

i just bedded my rem700 into a B&C stock, and it was pretty easy. Came out very nice.

i followed these instructions

and a bit from here

if you do it yourself, do your self a favor and follow the instructions on the 6mmbr when it comes to which release agent to use. Kiwi shoe polish in neutral color worked like a charm just like the site says.

i waited 3.5 hours for the brownells steel bed to dry, i popped out the barreled action, trimmed the bedding with a razor/knife where it needed, and that was it.

good luck.

06-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Mark - the gunsmith at Ade's will bed an M14. I asked him last week.

06-04-2008, 12:30 AM
enterprise does bedding as well.

06-04-2008, 6:17 AM
thanks for the feedbacks...I'd really like to do it myself but in my small apartment..I can't do that...especially with a baby crawling around..:)

06-04-2008, 7:10 AM
I'd really like to do it myself but in my small apartment..I can't do that...

I have all the stuff to inlet and bed if you want to come over to the shop and do it.
I have never done an M14 though.

06-04-2008, 10:43 AM
The M14/M1A is a bit tricky to do the bedding just right, I would send it to someone that does them regularly even if it means shipping the rifle out of state. Ted Brown is in Oregon IIRC and the M14 is his specialty. My .02c:cool2: