PDA

View Full Version : Free gun and Front Sight training package deal for $1199

Gunaria
06-03-2008, 5:19 PM
Here check it out for yourself...

https://www.frontsight.com/free-gunAA.asp

I got an Auction Arms email letting me know about this. Sounds like a good deal with lots of other free goodies.

rue
06-03-2008, 5:51 PM
Here check it out for yourself...

https://www.frontsight.com/free-gunAA.asp

I got an Auction Arms email letting me know about this. Sounds like a good deal with lots of other free goodies.

Did you click that link in the email? I didn't

EDIT: I clicked your link and it looked like an ad for just about everything you see on TV after about 2am. No thanks, I don't need any of that stuff especially an XD

Blackcoatknight
06-03-2008, 7:00 PM
Even the grammar is the same so if you read it out loud with a chezzy game show voice it's like your a celebrity on TV. Your not going to pay 5000, not 4000, not 3000, not even 2000, no your not people your going to pay one easy payment of 1149 !!! but wait theres more.....

Got to love 2 am infomercials.

cj cake
06-03-2008, 7:13 PM
i just finished a coarse at frontsight, they are offering the same gun package along with two lifetime memberships and 8 white certificates for 4999.00.

rkt88edmo
06-03-2008, 7:20 PM
Or you can buy a discount cert (on ebay or from me) cheaper and buy whatever gun you want along with whatever assorted goodies you desire.

Nemo
06-04-2008, 8:29 AM
Yep, I bought a cheap certificate from rkt88 (danke!), bought myself a CZ SP-01, and went to Front Sight (for a 4-day handgun course) with my girlfriend last month. It's great training, as cheesy as the marketing hype may be!

AngelDecoys
06-04-2008, 8:44 AM

The deals are almost always good to great. $2K is ungodly cheap for any membership at Front Sight. The training there is outstanding. (I've been a member since they were in Bakersfield [Diamond]) There are other places for sure, but none that will offer you repeated visits on the same tab.

The only thing I'll note to the detractors of FS.

Put the multi-marketing approach aside.
Take the cheesy pitch for what it is.
Discard the never ending exchange in abundance advertisements.
And ignore the never ending promises of future development.

It works for Naish. It's that simple.

You buy for the training, not for the facility. Personally, I doubt many of the so-called future plans in development will materialize, but that's not why I joined. You're buying the equivalent of a season pass for skiing. You go as much as you like, and get what you can out of it. Go enough times and the cost for what you put into it becomes irrelevant.

rkt88edmo
06-04-2008, 9:03 AM
C'mon - you didn't want to change the face of the second ammendment in America in our lifetime - not even a little bit :)

The deals are almost always good to great. $2K is ungodly cheap for any membership at Front Sight. The training there is outstanding. (I've been a member since they were in Bakersfield [Diamond]) There are other places for sure, but none that will offer you repeated visits on the same tab.

The only thing I'll note to the detractors of FS.

Put the multi-marketing approach aside.
Take the cheesy pitch for what it is.
Discard the never ending exchange in abundance advertisements.
And ignore the never ending promises of future development.

It works for Naish. It's that simple.

You buy for the training, not for the facility. Personally, I doubt many of the so-called future plans in development will materialize, but that's not why I joined. You're buying the equivalent of a season pass for skiing. You go as much as you like, and get what you can out of it. Go enough times and the cost for what you put into it becomes irrelevant.

AngelDecoys
06-04-2008, 9:31 AM
C'mon - you didn't want to change the face of the second ammendment in America in our lifetime - not even a little bit :)

lol. :D Mass marketing at its finest. Honestly, for a 'purpose driven' organization, that's a great goal. Will that happen in our lifetimes? Is FS the vehicle to get us there? Maybe in part (more so than the NRA). I'm just saying one should join over the training aspect, not the philosophical pitch, or future promises. I like the fact that my ski resort gives a little to charity, but in the end I get my season pass for the purpose of skiing.

rkt88edmo
06-04-2008, 9:33 AM
I agree completely - put your money in for training NOW - not for a dream facitlity some time in the distant future or space cadet courses that may never come to fruition.

lol. :D Mass marketing at its finest. Honestly, for a 'purpose driven' organization, that's a great goal. Will that happen in our lifetimes? Is FS the vehicle to get us there? Maybe in part (more so than the NRA). I'm just saying one should join over the training aspect, not the philisophical pitch, or future promises. I like the fact that my ski resort gives a little to charity, but in the end I get my season pass for the purpose of skiing.

azndmd
06-04-2008, 1:55 PM
Glad to see other FS members...I'm planning a course in Sept....and maybe a night course over the 4th of July....

I've nothing to copmpare to...have not taken any classes from other organizations..but I got to meet a LAPD swat officer...got to talking about FS and he seemed to be impressed that the basic classes incorporate malfunction clearance and emergency/tactical reloads...and this is open to regular civilians.

If you get past the marketing..it's a good weekend out with like-minded people.

dgey
06-04-2008, 10:29 PM
get past Naish's hype and marketing, then go for the training. I went for a 4 day course. The info was mind boggling. Sun up to sun down class and training. Shot up 800 rounds... I got to know my firearm really well. It turned the corner for me with regards to my shooting skills. The class will put stress on you like you've never had before and you'll love it... by the end of the class, I was so impressed that I became a member. The deal is pretty decent considering you'll get a firearm. The springfield XD is a decent gun. I like it better than glocks... the gun just feels better in MY hand.

Ugly Dwarf
06-05-2008, 8:08 PM
I'll throw in my $.02.

It seems that some people might think that this offer is for a membership. If I've read the offer correctly, this is for the gun, accessories and ONE class - no repeats.

It's still a good deal for the right person, but remember that it is not a membership.

If you really want to try out FS, I would suggest you go the route suggested by someone earlier of buying a "First Time User" (white or grey) certificate for under $200 and the gun of your choice. Once you're there (as others have suggested), Naish will try to sell you a membership - and it may be a really nice offer.

If you don't mind the travel time to FS, a membership is a GREAT deal. I know the 9+ hour drive is my biggest hang up with taking classes there.

MotoGuy
07-01-2008, 9:30 AM
The white certificates on e-bay are $99

http://cgi.ebay.com/2000-Front-Sight-Training-Certificate-Info-Packet_W0QQitemZ230266746823QQihZ013QQcategoryZ141 10QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Draven
07-01-2008, 1:00 PM
I have one that is good for the four-day full-auto course....

and I can't physically do one of their training courses.

Ugly Dwarf
07-01-2008, 1:31 PM
I have one that is good for the four-day full-auto course....

and I can't physically do one of their training courses.

If you're saying you have a disability that would prevent you from taking the course in a standard format, you may want to ask if they can make accomodations for you. Seems to me 'Naish likes to spread the word and they may have some other options.

I too have some unused certs for the full auto uzi and/or M-16 courses. My excuse is simply that I haven't been able to find the time and money - four days of training, two travel days and a bucket of $$$ for ammo.

I was pretty excited to get some "repeat student" certs like those. One of these days I'll either fly out or suck it up and make the 10 hour drive.

Draven
07-01-2008, 1:51 PM
At this point, I'd rather trade it off. of course, the cert says "cannot advertise for sale in a public forum'

Ugly Dwarf
07-01-2008, 8:33 PM
I'm sure others have advertised and sold them to people they don't know, and I'm not sure how they'd prove it, but I have respected that disclaimer too.

Now if someone you know wanted it, it looks like you could sell it to them (or their friend through personal referral).

Like I said though, Naish was offering a good deal on these certs and I haven't tried to sell any of mine.

rtlltj
09-04-2008, 3:09 PM
Do you book your own stay at hotels in vegas? Where do most people stay when they do a 4 day class? Reason I ask is the local gun club is offering a free 2000 dollar certificate if you join the club for 30 dollars.

GlockGuy
09-04-2008, 3:34 PM
I drank the cool aid on this offer as I had no knowledge, or even heard of, Frontsite. I was very pleased with the level of training, and I also really like the XD as it has replaced the Glocks in my USPSA shooting. 5 days of intensive handgun training, with the 5th day being for a CCW class, (which arrived yesterday from the State of Utah.) God bless 'em...

As others have said, ignore the hype and the training is first class.

Most folks stay in Pahrump, I stayed at the Best Western there.

DedEye
09-04-2008, 4:03 PM
It's not as great a deal as the used-car salesman hype makes it out to be, especially when you realize the certs are available for a c-note on eBay, but for the CCW training and XD, it isn't a bad price.

Vectrexer
09-04-2008, 4:15 PM
Most folks stay in Pahrump, I stayed at the Best Western there.

How did you like the hotel? How far was it in real drive time to FS?

GlockGuy
09-04-2008, 5:58 PM
How did you like the hotel? How far was it in real drive time to FS?

Very nice hotel, about a 25 minute drive to Frontsite.

You won't be in the hotel much, just to sleep and shower.

Some hotels have a Frontsite rate, check the website, or wait until you receive your class packet.

zinfull
09-05-2008, 8:52 AM
The hotel is about as close to FS as any. FS is out in the middle of the desert. Great place and would recommend the course.

Jerry