PDA

View Full Version : My Carbines' final configuration. NO MORE changes.

mecam
06-03-2008, 6:00 PM
I wasted so much money on cosmetic changes but I THINK I'm finally happy with these configuration, at least for a month. :D Both have been tested in simulated battle at Chabot's Tac rifle matches and both performed flawlessly. For some reason I tend to favor the Stag though. :shrug:

Spikes lower
CMMG Specter upper 1/7
Stags LPK
YHM Muzzle Brake
MI 10" FF HG
MI BUIS
Aimpoint ML3
Burris XTR Mount
Magpul CTR Stock
BB I
Ergo Grip
Surefire 6PL w/ remote
CP 10/30 mag
http://www.10374.com/temp/ar/oll1.jpg

Stags lower
Stags upper 1/9
Stags LPK
YHM Muzzle Brake
Rifle length FF YHM HG
MI BUIS
Aimpoint ML3
Burris XTR Mount
Ace Socom Short Stock
BB II
Ergo grip
CP 10/30 mag
http://www.10374.com/temp/ar/oll2.jpg

The two sisters together :)
http://www.10374.com/temp/ar/oll3.jpg

-

vandal
06-03-2008, 9:15 PM
Wow, so close. But one thing could be just a little bit better. You know what I'm talking about. Just think about it for awhile. It will come to you. You'll see it in this month's SWAT magazine. And you'll probably need two of them.

grubbin
06-03-2008, 9:21 PM
They look good. Do you prefer the BB gen 1 or BB gen 2?

SuperSet
06-03-2008, 9:25 PM
Good choices dude but what happened to the MMG? You know that you'll have to slap that on there come match time, especially considering how well you've been shooting.
BTW, you know your Aimpoints are just crying out for some LaRue lovin'.

mecam
06-03-2008, 9:27 PM
Wow, so close. But one thing could be just a little bit better. You know what I'm talking about. Just think about it for awhile. It will come to you. You'll see it in this month's SWAT magazine. And you'll probably need two of them.

Tell me about it. Was just on ARF.com and I just saw something I like. May need to get another lower for another PG build and with B-15 this time. :no:

mecam
06-03-2008, 9:30 PM
They look good. Do you prefer the BB gen 1 or BB gen 2?

BB 2 is easier to install and remove. Will have to try the B-15 though. Another reason to get another lower. :p

mecam
06-03-2008, 9:33 PM
Good choices dude but what happened to the MMG? You know that you'll have to slap that on there come match time, especially considering how well you've been shooting.
BTW, you know your Aimpoints are just crying out for some LaRue lovin'.

MMG Lower is in the safe. May have to build a dedicated 18" JP 3Gun upper for it so I don't ding up these beauts. Larue cantilever will have to wait if I decide to get a magnifier. These Burris XTRs are solid though. :)

technique
06-03-2008, 9:46 PM
Those are really nice builds.....but...#2 could use some OD duracoat on that buttstock! I'll do it for a beer or two!:D That said.. very nice!

MrNiceGuy
06-03-2008, 10:03 PM
Looks great!
Keep the BB on!
I need you to slow down so I can catch up...:P

ar15barrels
06-03-2008, 11:46 PM
Those both look like carbine gassed barrels.
Once you shot a rifle-gassed upper like a JP or one I build, you would never want to shoot those carbines again.
Rifle gas system shoots smoother, faster and flatter.

J_Rock
06-04-2008, 12:06 AM
Once you shot a rifle-gassed upper like a JP or one I build, you would never want to shoot those carbines again.

Some of us actually like having short guns ;)

ar15barrels
06-04-2008, 12:20 AM

Nothing wrong with short guns, just short gas systems. ;)
16" barrels are fine with mid-length or even intermediate length gas systems.
Rifle length is pushing it on a 16", but it can be done too.
I run a 17" rifle gassed barrel on my 3gun rifle.
That was the best combination of reliable function, flat shooting and compact length.

UncleJohnny
06-04-2008, 12:22 AM

lol you have a short gun. j/k:D

mecam
06-04-2008, 7:31 AM

So for an 18" barrel, would a rifle gas be better than a mid gas?

ar15barrels
06-04-2008, 7:43 AM
So for an 18" barrel, would a rifle gas be better than a mid gas?

For a competition gun, yes.
For a military or duty gun used in sub-zero temperatures, no.

maxicon
06-04-2008, 1:48 PM
Dude, those Aimpoints are totally last year - might as well throw them away. You need the T-1 Micro if you're going to be getting the hot babes with a short gun.

USP4me
06-04-2008, 6:46 PM
Don't forget slings!

geeknow
06-04-2008, 7:46 PM
I have absolutely no idea how you get a decent nights rest knowing that those two beauties are just sitting there, not reaching their fullest potential due to their lack of match triggers.:p...but maybe its just me.

nice rifles!

mecam
06-04-2008, 7:56 PM
I have absolutely no idea how you get a decent nights rest knowing that those two beauties are just sitting there, not reaching their fullest potential due to their lack of match triggers.:p...but maybe its just me.

nice rifles!

I have a Timney comp trigger on my MMG lower and an RRA NM 2 stage on my varminter. I really need to get my priorities straight and buy some new work clothes and shoes before I can upgrade the triggers on these. :D