PDA

View Full Version : cetme

skscj
06-03-2008, 3:26 PM
Do any of you know if the CETME sporter from Century Arms is CA. legal..A local shop says that as long as the grip and mags are removed,,he will DROS it....

Wyatt
06-03-2008, 3:28 PM
Screw century. Not only is their stuff hacked but they don't support us in CA.
I will not buy from them in any fashion.

Baron
06-03-2008, 3:36 PM
I think it's listed... so, no
I think I remember reading that DDs Ranch won't ship them to CA because of them being listed...

Don't take my word for it though... Check the list

bcrich
06-03-2008, 3:49 PM
YEAH I THINK BARON IS RIGHT ABOUT IT BEING LISTED ON THE LIST OF BANNED FIREARMS. I THINK IT'S LISTED AS CETME SPORTER. LUCKY FOR ME MY HK 91 CLONE SHOOTS NICE

American_pride
06-03-2008, 4:29 PM
I think it's listed... so, no
I think I remember reading that DDs Ranch won't ship them to CA because of them being listed...

Don't take my word for it though... Check the list
I did. I think it is Legal.
Check here page 82 of the document. http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/awguide.pdf

But by all means if I am wrong then correct me;)

YEAH I THINK BARON IS RIGHT ABOUT IT BEING LISTED ON THE LIST OF BANNED FIREARMS. I THINK IT'S LISTED AS CETME SPORTER. LUCKY FOR ME MY HK 91 CLONE SHOOTS NICE

I think that IT IS LEGAL unless the receiver says made in:
Made in Spain
CETME Sporter

marxdspot
06-03-2008, 6:29 PM
Why not go with a PTR-91? It's an improvement of the CETME. You can also fit the CETME stock on it. I have original German wood on my PTR-91, of course I have 922r installed as well. It gives it a classier look rather than tacti-coool. Just my .02. Here's a link to a vid of an RM shooting it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id2MkCSJo4I

skscj
06-03-2008, 7:57 PM
Does the PTR cost double of what a CETME cost??

Gator Monroe
06-03-2008, 7:59 PM
Fal with Fixed 10/20 mag ,PG, and stripper clip top cover !

gibbet
06-03-2008, 10:18 PM
The Century Arms CETME Sporter is NOT listed. The "Made in Spain" CETME Sporter is. There is a big difference. Google MARs CETME Sporter if you want to see pics of the listed one. Why did people buy a Century CETME? Because they were selling for under $300 bucks. The MARs CETME is over $3K. Of course prices have risen these past years so those $300 truck guns are more like $500+ now...

FMJBT
06-03-2008, 10:22 PM
Does the PTR cost double of what a CETME cost??

Pretty much, but it's worth it to have a rifle made with better quality control. The Century CETME's have had a reputation for bround bolt heads to correct bolt gap issues. This is not the correct way to maintain bolt gap on a roller locking rifle..... Not all Century made CETME's are bad, but is it worth taking the chance? The PTR's are comprable to the original german rifles in nearly all aspects. And even though the Century CETME may be legal in CA, just the fact that it still says "CETME" on the side of the receiver may be enough to get you some legal hassle from The Man.