PDA

View Full Version : Scope for An AR

Heavyhits
06-03-2008, 8:57 AM
Hey there,

I'm getting my pieces together for my first AR build. I don't know much about scopes, but what I'm looking for is a mid-priced scope with decent optics.

What are your suggestions and Approximate price range?

Thanks for your help.......

HH

mike22ca
06-03-2008, 9:06 AM
Just like everything else while building my ARs, I too went through this stress. I was trying to be budget minded, but also have a nice quality piece. I basically narrowed my choices down to the IOR M2 4x24 and the good ol' Millet DMS-1 1-4x24. I ended up going with the Millet DMS-1 just because it was a lil easier on my pocket book. I also got the Larue SPR-E mount just because I wanted a staight to the point perfect mounting solution.

chokeyourself!
06-03-2008, 9:08 AM
just put the super sniper 10x42 on mine, haven't tries it yet but it looks sweeeet!

grubbin
06-03-2008, 9:52 AM
There are so many friggin options and optics can be such a subjective thing. To understand what I needed, I bought a cheap *** optic last year with fixed magnification of 6 and obj lens of 32mm. I soon found out that I want a variable scope that can go out to 9X and something brighter like a 40mm. Needless to say, I'm still saving up for the right optic and I'm STILL weighing out my options...Leuopold, IOR, Burris.... Hopefully I'll resolve my internal conflicts by the end of this month.

Ballistic043
06-03-2008, 10:08 AM
i run a leupold VX-I 4-12x40mm on my scoped build and it works great out to 200 yd. it is a good 'intermediate' scope if you are just in it for the fun or for varminting. crystal clear optics at a decent price; i paid about 250 for mine

mike22ca
06-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Im tellin ya between all the options for rails, BUIS, scopes, uppers, lowers... this $h!t is stressful! lol :chris:

Vin496
06-03-2008, 10:34 AM
Im tellin ya between all the options for rails, BUIS, scopes, uppers, lowers... this $h!t is stressful! lol :chris:

LMAO. HELL YEAH!!!

I seriously flipped flopped and read and read and read, before I picked an upper.

If I put as much studying and time into my education as I did my rifle, I'd be a damn PhD.

Well I guess I am working on my PhD in BRD.:D

mike22ca
06-03-2008, 10:40 AM
LOL me too. And another problem I have... I tend buy everything at once, I dont have the patience to build a rifle slowly.

Vin496
06-03-2008, 10:42 AM
LOL me too. And another problem I have... I tend buy everything at once, I dont have the patience to build a rifle slowly.

I'm hearing you man, seriously. Once I decided what I was gonna get. I pretty much ordered everything within a week.

I could never be one of those guys, who builds a rifle over a year. I would lose my mind!

No hiding what I'm doing from the Wife. Especially when I get multiple packages every few days for a week.