PDA

View Full Version : larue stealth vs jp vtac is the lw50 stainless that much better than 416?

norcal-ar
06-03-2008, 6:50 AM
so i have been mind f*$king the hell out of my upper purchase.I was all set and ready to go buy my jp vtac today.then i seen another board member bought a larue tactical upper. yup.......... I visited their website and now it looks like im going to put off buying an upper for a few more days lol.

the only concern i see is with the difference in barrel material andthe hand guard(im more fond of jps tube than a quad rail). larue uses the lw-50 stainless and jp uses the 416 but jp's is cro treated,is lw50 that much superior than the 416? or is it a marketing ploy from larue?the link:

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=100

trinydex
11-23-2008, 4:56 PM
is there an answer to this?

how about jp vs larue accuracy wise?

nobs11
11-23-2008, 5:34 PM
how about jp vs larue accuracy wise?

I'm not sure the difference in the material matters. The Lothar Walther is a top notch barrel though. Accuracy wise my Larue upper will shoot sub-MOA with 75gr prvi factory ammo off a front sandbag. So will the Noveske.

dlouie87
11-23-2008, 6:13 PM
look at one of my thread...I asked the same question before...

LW = lothar walter... it's suppose to last longer and have less phosphorous or something like the.... Idk the WHOLE detail...but..yeah

trinydex
11-23-2008, 7:33 PM
I'm not sure the difference in the material matters. The Lothar Walther is a top notch barrel though. Accuracy wise my Larue upper will shoot sub-MOA with 75gr prvi factory ammo off a front sandbag. So will the Noveske.

ooh thanks for that bit of extra info. i really like the prvi match and the militarymoron review of the larue said that the blackhills didn't do so well. this is encouraging information.

nobs11
11-23-2008, 9:34 PM
ooh thanks for that bit of extra info. i really like the prvi match and the militarymoron review of the larue said that the blackhills didn't do so well. this is encouraging information.

If you are in Central CA you can shoot mine any time you want. Just get your ammo.

trinydex
11-23-2008, 9:36 PM
If you are in Central CA you can shoot mine any time you want. Just get your ammo.

thanks for the offer!