PDA

View Full Version : What are the best AR mags?

Dark Water
06-03-2008, 4:43 AM
I recently built my first AR and I have some older military mags that a buddy brought back from Afghanistan. I would like some quality mags at a reasonable price. Any suggestions on what and from where?

hitman13
06-03-2008, 4:51 AM
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c272/smi-o/New%20pix/its-a-trap-cat.gif

BlackReef
06-03-2008, 4:58 AM
I recently built my first AR and I have some older military mags that a buddy brought back from Afghanistan. I would like some quality mags at a reasonable price. Any suggestions on what and from where?

Your buddy cannot give you his hi-caps legally.

However, assuming you have your own pre-ban hi-capacity magazines, and are using these mags on a featurless build, and you are buying new mag parts to replace your pre-ban magazines, I would go with MagPul. =)

Mac Attack
06-03-2008, 6:02 AM
I have tried many different brands of AR15 mags from inexpensive USGI to expensive HK mags. All were good for what I was using them for but some were better than others. The one brand which I could always count on to feed my rifle and never failed me during my various rifle courses are the mags sold at Brownell's. I have tried PMAGS which are nice but I like the feel of steel/Aluminum for my mags and I own one HK mag which is a great mag but imho is not worth 4x the price of a normal mag.

Check out the Brownell mag.

norcal-ar
06-03-2008, 7:01 AM
havent shot my rifle yet but my buddy went to break his in over the weekend and he said the 10/20 p-mag i let him barrow worked the best.

geeknow
06-03-2008, 7:26 AM
Somebody posted it earlier, but it bears repeating.

YOU CANNOT POSSESS YOUR BUDDY'S HI-CAP MAGS. TO DO SO IS A BIG, LARGE NO NO.

IGOTDIRT4U
06-03-2008, 8:29 AM
Somebody posted it earlier, but it bears repeating.

YOU CANNOT POSSESS YOUR BUDDY'S HI-CAP MAGS. TO DO SO IS A BIG, LARGE NO NO.

Unless they are handed to disassembled and you re-assemble them as 10 round mags. (10/30)