PDA

View Full Version : has this ever happend with your 10/22

mossy
06-02-2008, 2:38 PM
so i took my 10/22 to the range for the first time today. after about 75 rounds of remington gold .22lr my trigger stopped resetting. after 5 minutes of firm yelling at the rifle, i took it home and removed the stock to find 25% of the trigger pin sticking out. has this ever happend to you guys, and what can i do to stop this.

Stormfeather
06-02-2008, 2:40 PM
duct tape. . . .

ohsmily
06-02-2008, 2:42 PM
so i took my 10/22 to the range for the first time today. after about 75 rounds of remington gold .22lr my trigger stopped resetting. after 5 minutes of firm yelling at the rifle, i took it home and removed the stock to find 25% of the trigger pin sticking out. has this ever happend to you guys, and what can i do to stop this.

Is your gun in an aftermarket stock?

The exact problem you describe happened when I put my rifle in a beautiful laminate Fajen stock. There was too much clearance between the inside wall of the stock and the side of the trigger housing. My solution was to do a pseudo bedding job with Marine Tex compound inside the stock. Problem solved.

Yes Bill, duct tape works too. ;)

mossy
06-02-2008, 2:48 PM
Is your gun in an aftermarket stock?

The exact problem you describe happened when I put my rifle in a beautiful laminate Fajen stock. There was too much clearance between the inside wall of the stock and the side of the trigger housing. My solution was to do a pseudo bedding job with Marine Tex compound inside the stock. Problem solved.

Yes Bill, duct tape works too. ;)

yep i got it in a butler creek folding stock.

Spyder
06-02-2008, 6:06 PM
Huh...never had the problem, but I've got a real nice older style factory walnut stock on mine... Makes sense though. If the clearance of the aftermarket stock isn't just right it'll be way out of wack and the pin can bounce itself over to one side or the other and through everything else out of alignment.

Thread jack!! What does everyone think of the the soft recoil buffers? I've got a sweet little piece of soft plastic in mine and it seems to do wonders for a quieter action and a bit for accuracy as well...or am I just imagining it?

duenor
06-02-2008, 6:41 PM
You can also buy the volquartsen pin IIRC it's pretty big

mossy
06-02-2008, 6:51 PM
Huh...never had the problem, but I've got a real nice older style factory walnut stock on mine... Makes sense though. If the clearance of the aftermarket stock isn't just right it'll be way out of wack and the pin can bounce itself over to one side or the other and through everything else out of alignment.

Thread jack!! What does everyone think of the the soft recoil buffers? I've got a sweet little piece of soft plastic in mine and it seems to do wonders for a quieter action and a bit for accuracy as well...or am I just imagining it?
if you gonna jack my thread you best be ready for a fight :43: ........... but i am in a good mood so i will answer your question ;) they do quiet the action. i cant tell you about the accuracy because i have only shot my 10/22 once. and to all the people who dont have them, GET ONE NOW!!!!!!

postal
06-02-2008, 7:51 PM
Should have zero effect on accuracy- just quiet the action and reduce stress on the reciever/optics.

c good
06-02-2008, 8:00 PM
Yup...buffer pin in mine. Quiets it down for sure, don't think it helps accuracy. c good

frigginchi
06-02-2008, 10:00 PM
put a dab clear nail polish on all the pins :)

motorhead
06-03-2008, 8:03 AM
jb weld.
buffer keeps bolt from beating reciever to death, always a good thing.

ohsmily
06-03-2008, 8:35 AM
jb weld.

Used in what way? I hope you mean as a bedding compound and not to JB weld the pins into the gun.

ojisan
06-04-2008, 4:40 PM
Stake the ends of the pin holes so the pins can't slide out. To stake: Use a hammer and a center punch to dent the outer surface of the metal trigger assy casting right next to the pin hole so that metal is pushed into / towards the center of the hole. The trigger group is aluminum, dents fairly easy, careful and gentle with the hammer hits at first! Be sure to support the trigger group assy with a thin scrap of wood or two so it lays flat and won't move around on you when staking. The dents should only be big enough to keep the pins from sliding out, not so big that you can't ever remove the pins.

REDHORSE
06-04-2008, 4:57 PM
I use tape to hold the pins in place. I take it out of the stock often, and don't want to loose a pin in the process.