PDA

View Full Version : saiga

FluorideInMyWater
06-02-2008, 10:34 AM
does anyone have a saiga shot-gun? care to comment about it? im thinking about getting one.

1lostinspace
06-02-2008, 12:46 PM
you cant

hoffmang
06-02-2008, 1:30 PM
With an appropriately applied bullet button or other mag fixing device he can.

-Gene

5150Marcelo
06-02-2008, 1:32 PM
With an appropriately applied bullet button or other mag fixing device he can.

-Gene

Good luck finding one

JeffM
06-02-2008, 1:34 PM
It is possible if you are willing to put up the time/energy to research what is required to do it, and the cash to make it happen.

There are several threads here about it.

MrTuffPaws
06-02-2008, 2:56 PM
If you can find one, then find someone to fix the mag out of state, then find an FFL to do a transfer, you would be good to go.

As for how they are, consider it just like any other 12ga auto, save they are always front heavy whether unloaded or not ;)

If you do find one, the mag always has to be fixed, whether or not it has a pistol grip or not, so you might as well just convert it unless the sporter stock is to your liking. Also, if you do convert, consider getting a NATO length stock. The standard Russian stocks are a bit short and you'll have to change your shooting stance or you'll be taking the plunger in the nose.

If you do convert to a PG, make sure you don't get a folding stock. Auto shottys are treated different than AW in the law. No combo of folding/collapsible stock and pistol grip, regardless of the mag.

duenor
06-02-2008, 6:59 PM
ROFL that "Elite Team Fighter no BS" video is hilarious

Anyway, we here at EAI considered building CA legal rifles out of AW configured rifles for a while. An example would be buying a dozen AKs, then removing the pistol grips when they get in and then selling them as featureless Off List AKs.

But when we met with the DOJ and AG we were told that this was a big no-no and our AW manufacturer license did not cover this kind of stuff.

Oh well. Sorry guys, you're on your own.

hoffmang
06-02-2008, 7:08 PM
But when we met with the DOJ and AG we were told that this was a big no-no and our AW manufacturer license did not cover this kind of stuff.

Yep. Complying with the law is a big no-no. You took them seriously? Would you buy a bridge I have to sell you in New York?

-Gene

Saigon1965
06-02-2008, 7:27 PM
ROFL that "Elite Team Fighter no BS" video is hilarious

Anyway, we here at EAI considered building CA legal rifles out of AW configured rifles for a while. An example would be buying a dozen AKs, then removing the pistol grips when they get in and then selling them as featureless Off List AKs.

Oh well. Sorry guys, you're on your own.

What Gene said man. WTH?

FluorideInMyWater
06-02-2008, 7:35 PM
im confused
i did see some of them online. why is this such a big no-no? i dont get it
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWmMNHSVR4I

is it that some other atf rule applies or you just can find them b/c no one is selling them?

Saigon1965
06-02-2008, 7:37 PM
Did you read post no. 6?

FEDUPWBS
06-02-2008, 7:41 PM
:gunsmilie::beatdeadhorse5:

FluorideInMyWater
06-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Did you read post no. 6?

sorry, wasnt sure who was right :):cool2::(:eek:

JeffM
06-02-2008, 10:40 PM
sorry, wasnt sure who was right :):cool2::(:eek:

99.99% of the time it's not the DOJ or gunshops.

N_S
06-03-2008, 7:18 PM
You can't have a Saiga 12?

With the rifle-stock you can.

DrunkSkunk
06-03-2008, 7:21 PM
You can't have a Saiga 12?

With the rifle-stock you can.

You can have it with the folding stock as well, just make sure it's pinned.
Not sure if I'll be able to move forward with my purchase with the new bills :mad:

thedrickel
06-03-2008, 7:40 PM
You can have it with the folding stock as well, just make sure it's pinned.

MMG & folding stock FTW ;)

tophatjones
06-03-2008, 9:04 PM
I have one from Fedup's group buy. It is a HELL of a lot of fun, and having a BB on it doesn't really detract from it's appeal, at least imho. It can shoot a large variety of shotgun rounds because it is chambered for 3" shells, and it also has a gas valve to allow for more or less gas for both birdshot and full loads respectively.

According to rumor, Izmash is currently retooling, so the Saiga importing won't pickup until mid to late summer. That's why they are so difficult to find. Centerfire systems supposedly has a 900 person long wait list. That being said, I can't believe people are paying $800+ for an unconverted Saiga on gunbroker. The shotgun is similar in quality to any of the other Saiga rifles; it isn't high quality precision made like a Benelli is. Believe me, the lower standards it is manufactured to doesn't detract from its ruggedness or sheer fun, but if I were buying an $800 dollar shotgun, it'd be much better quality than the Saiga. Sure, supply and demand, but when demand gets out of hand and supply shuts down, crazy things happen.

rastro
06-03-2008, 10:13 PM
Save yourself and stay away from Saigas. $850-1100 for a NIB unmodified shotgun that is normally sold for $450?

Sounds like a easy way to separate folks from their money. I've heard they are nothing but money pits.

When you could get an tacticool 1187 with a SpeedLoader like these:

http://shootersconnection.com/store/images/tecloader.jpg

Why in the world would you want to go with a S12 and a fixed 10-round mag like these:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/rastro/P1010041.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/rastro/P1010044.jpg

:43:

Bladewurk
06-03-2008, 10:17 PM
Yeah I paid $800. for NIB Benelli M2 on Gunbroker!