PDA

View Full Version : AR clicks/MOA questions

smogcity
06-01-2008, 8:43 PM
Quick question:

Whats the clicks per MOA for a matech BUIS and a stag frontsight base? Is the sampson front sight base that stag sells the same clicks/moa as their stock one? This is on a 16" m4.

Is it the same on a 20" a2?

Thanks!

smogcity
06-02-2008, 7:32 AM
Anyone?

ocabj
06-02-2008, 8:12 AM
The amount of adjustment per click on a specific rear sight will be the same no matter what front sight you use. If a manufacturer advertises a rear sight as having 1/2MOA adjustment per click, then it has 1/2MOA per click. Of course, this assumes you install the rear sight with the intended sight radius that the sight was meant to be used at, since the distance between the front and rear sight determines how much true adjustment you get per click on the rear.

smogcity
06-02-2008, 8:51 AM
The amount of adjustment per click on a specific rear sight will be the same no matter what front sight you use. If a manufacturer advertises a rear sight as having 1/2MOA adjustment per click, then it has 1/2MOA per click. Of course, this assumes you install the rear sight with the intended sight radius that the sight was meant to be used at, since the distance between the front and rear sight determines how much true adjustment you get per click on the rear.

I got that!

to boil it down...If at 100 yards i'm 1" high and 1" left: how many clicks on the matech and how many clicks on the 16" stock stag front sight to zero poa=poi.

My google-fu is weak and I can't find this info elsewhere:)

ocabj
06-02-2008, 9:06 AM
Well, I don't know how many MOA per clicks you have.

Since 1MOA is very close to 1", just adjust the rear sight right 1MOA and down 1MOA.

When you make adjustments, think in terms of MOA and not clicks. It'll make your life easier.

smogcity
06-02-2008, 9:14 AM
Well, I don't know how many MOA per clicks you have.

Since 1MOA is very close to 1", just adjust the rear sight right 1MOA and down 1MOA.

When you make adjustments, think in terms of MOA and not clicks. It'll make your life easier.

Yup, thats my question...

Is the Matech 1 click= 1/2moa, 1 click= 1moa, 1 click =1/4moa?
I can't find this info anywhere.
Is the the sampson front sight base and stag stock front sight base 1 click= 1/2moa, 1 click= 1moa, 1 click =1/4moa?

There's alot of black rifle lovers much smarter than me on here, someone's got to know this!;)