(US Made) muzzle break
(US made) tapco TG
(US made) pro mag 10/30
(US made) follower/ floor plate
(US made) tapco pg SCREW AND NUT
(US Made) piston
(US Made) front sight
*********SET SCREW BUILD**************
***SOON TO COME*** Ultimak gas tube and a red dot sight i havent choosen yet!
more pics in the new 5.45x39 gallery
http://www.coldwarshooters.net/images/ak%20p50.JPG
this the the device that holds the mag inplace image from cold war shooters product also avalible from them....

jandmtv
06-01-2008, 1:13 PM
Very nice! I like the all black look.

Ak47owner
06-01-2008, 1:15 PM
thank you very much!!!

Saigon1965
06-01-2008, 1:22 PM
very nice build, hate to be your neighbor though. LOL.

AJAX22
06-01-2008, 1:27 PM
very nice build, hate to be your neighbor though. LOL.

thats ok ;) I'll be his neighbor...

grubbin
06-01-2008, 2:10 PM
May I ask how long it took you to gather all the necessary bits to build this nice AK?

wilit
06-01-2008, 5:10 PM
LOL, that's a great way to keep people from peeing in your pool. Nice build.

boogak
06-01-2008, 5:14 PM
LOL, that's a great way to keep people from peeing in your pool. Nice build.

no, thats a sure way for people to pee in his pool.

swift rifleman
06-01-2008, 5:50 PM
that's a nice ak but without a mag lock it's illegal don't get cought!:eek:

leelaw
06-01-2008, 6:49 PM
The question about the OAL came up earlier, and here is how it works out:

Rifles with folding or collapsible stocks are measured with the stocks in the collapsed position.

Barrel attachments need be permanently affixed if they are designed to make the barrel over 16" long, and are not required to be permanently attached if they do not (ie: a muzzle brake on a 14.5" barrel must be permanently attached; a flash hider on a 16" barrel need not be permanently attached).

In this case, the OAL is measured either with the stock collapsed (or fixed in place) PLUS the length that the bayonet extends out past the muzzle, OR, without the bayonet, but with the stock extended and screwed in place.

The only concern here is that the stock be extended and screwed in place BEFORE the bayonet is removed.

Ak47owner
06-01-2008, 8:21 PM
The question about the OAL came up earlier, and here is how it works out:

Rifles with folding or collapsible stocks are measured with the stocks in the collapsed position.

Barrel attachments need be permanently affixed if they are designed to make the barrel over 16" long, and are not required to be permanently attached if they do not (ie: a muzzle brake on a 14.5" barrel must be permanently attached; a flash hider on a 16" barrel need not be permanently attached).

In this case, the OAL is measured either with the stock collapsed (or fixed in place) PLUS the length that the bayonet extends out past the muzzle, OR, without the bayonet, but with the stock extended and screwed in place.

The only concern here is that the stock be extended and screwed in place BEFORE the bayonet is removed.

Correct the folding stock button has a set screw in it, when it is in the fixed position! Before i make it in to a folder i FIX a bayonet using a set screw, so once the bayo is on you cant push the button to take it off, then i take the stock set screw off and it is then able to fold!!! the barrel on this weapon is a 16inch barrel so the barrel lenght isnt a issue.... The mag is held in place buy a set screw that requires a allen wrench to remove.

RedDawn
06-01-2008, 8:37 PM
Nice Build.
I've been thinking about buying an AK74 type rifle. How does your's shoot?

Ak47owner
06-01-2008, 8:39 PM
shoots like all my AR-15's, accurate, nice and light, What recoil!!!!, and the ammo is cheap!

69Mach1
06-01-2008, 9:45 PM
Nice build.

elSquid
06-01-2008, 11:24 PM
I like!

Just checked: the ORF kits are $500 (http://rapidfire.targetweb.net/cgi-bin/store/agora.cgi/agora.cgi?p_id=02066).

Noob question: I'm interested in a 5.45 AK - to take advantage of the ammo prices - but the kit prices seem to be up there. Is there such a thing as a $200 5.45 kit? What's the expected barrel life for a 5.45 that isn't abused?

Yes, I'm starting to run the numbers. :)

-- Michael

Addax
06-02-2008, 1:04 AM
Very Nice Rifle! That is my one of my favorite 74 configurations.:43:

JeffM
06-02-2008, 1:55 AM
I like!

Just checked: the ORF kits are $500 (http://rapidfire.targetweb.net/cgi-bin/store/agora.cgi/agora.cgi?p_id=02066).

Noob question: I'm interested in a 5.45 AK - to take advantage of the ammo prices - but the kit prices seem to be up there. Is there such a thing as a $200 5.45 kit? What's the expected barrel life for a 5.45 that isn't abused?

Yes, I'm starting to run the numbers. :)

-- Michael

You're not going to find a 5.45 kit for under $300.

It is a good investment even at current prices.

69Mach1
06-02-2008, 1:59 AM
The last ones available were $350 before shipping from RGuns I believe.

Ak47owner
06-02-2008, 12:30 PM
The part kit for this weapon was 650$ back when ohio rapid fire had them. Ohio rapid fire has this parts kit still in stock but you pay more for the ones that have no "wear or tear" this on was one of thier perfect conditions ones. BEWARE i have read on other forms that some of their cheeper parts kits have RUST :eek:

to answer you question on barrel life you have to addin how many time you shoot it and what your shooting out of it! i would say that the weapon has a life of 50years!

elSquid
06-02-2008, 5:07 PM
The part kit for this weapon was 650$ back when ohio rapid fire had them. Ohio rapid fire has this parts kit still in stock but you pay more for the ones that have no "wear or tear" this on was one of thier perfect conditions ones. BEWARE i have read on other forms that some of their cheeper parts kits have RUST :eek:

Good to know. I think I may take the easy way out and just stick to building up my RomyGs.

Thanks to all who responded.

-- Michael

Ak47owner
06-03-2008, 12:49 PM
it has come to my attention that i should post a how to on how to fix the push button and how to fix a bayonet if you choose... i am working on another build so when i come to that part i will take pics if you calgunners think it would help!!!

Q
06-03-2008, 2:33 PM
hurry up.:D

westcoastr
06-04-2008, 7:35 AM

their cheaper kits actually have beat-up old crappy bolts and carriers from god only knows what other guns. very dissapointing and the company declined to comment after 4 attempts. buy their higher end one if anything. but i will say the barrel and other parts were in very good condition, just that the bolt was clearly from another gun, so have to headspace now, and had a ring on the face where corrosive ammo/primer had eaten it away.

69Mach1
08-12-2008, 1:32 PM
I just scored a Bulgarian AK74 kit. Ak47owner, will you be posting pics on locking the folding stock and fixing the bayonet soon? Thanks.