PDA

View Full Version : ? Legal use/operation with P50 Mag-Lock

snovvman
05-31-2008, 11:07 PM
At the range, I presume the legal operation of Prince50 Mag-Lock is to use the Allen wrench to unlock the button, push the button to release the magazine, reload the magazone, insert the magazine, and use the wrench to relock the button, and repeat when the magazine is empty?

By keeping the button "unlocked" through reload cycles, I would be asking for trouble?

Just wanted to double check.

Thanks.

SFFRONTMAN
05-31-2008, 11:09 PM
ABSOLUTELY NOT! As soon as you loosen that screw you are creating an assault weapon. The use of a P-50 means that you must break open you rifle and top load the magazine. I suggest you invest in a bullet button so you may detach your mags to reload. Again do not loosen the allen screw to reload your rifle.

snovvman
05-31-2008, 11:16 PM
ABSOLUTELY NOT! As soon as you loosen that screw you are creating an assault weapon. The use of a P-50 means that you must break open you rifle and top load the magazine. I suggest you invest in a bullet button so you may detach your mags to reload. Again do not loosen the allen screw to reload your rifle.

Thank you! I purchased a P50 Mag-Lock as well as Bullet Button. I guess I will install the BB when I go to the range.

I presume that, by having to use a bullet to push the BB each time I release the magazine, it technically satisfies the "tool" requirement?

SFFRONTMAN
05-31-2008, 11:19 PM
Yes it does.

Linh
05-31-2008, 11:32 PM
Check this thread out it goes over your P50

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=103338

bigthaiboy
06-01-2008, 12:15 AM
Thank you! I purchased a P50 Mag-Lock as well as Bullet Button. I guess I will install the BB when I go to the range.

I presume that, by having to use a bullet to push the BB each time I release the magazine, it technically satisfies the "tool" requirement?

Correct. Aren't you glad you checked before embarking on your build?

It sounds that you are already well on your way with your build if you've already purchased your Prince50 and BB. Ideally, you should have armed yourself with the knowledge of CA AW laws, and fixed magazine builds, long before jumping on the AR bandwagon. Just remember that a $30 magazine locking device stands between legal rifle ownership, and a wardrobe comprising of orange jumpsuits.

Before installing a pistol grip, collapsable stock, flash hider, forward pistol grip, flare launcher onto your rifle, ensure you BB or P50 device is fixed onto your lower receiver and a 10 rd magazine fixed into the mag well.

If you need to swap out the P50 to a BB, ALL "evil" SB23 parts have to be removed from the rifle FIRST, before removing your magazine locking device is removed from the lower. Failing to do so, will result in you creating an assault rifle, and that would be bad.

snovvman
06-01-2008, 8:41 AM
Many thanks to all you guys for responding. And YES! I am very glad that I checked. When it comes to guns, it really sucks to live in California.

@Linh: thanks for the link on the B-15.

@bigthaiboy: thanks for the tips.

I will stay with the BB for now, and upgrade the other rifle from P50 ML to B-15.

Thanks again guys.