View Full Version : Desert tactical srs

05-31-2008, 9:29 PM
maybe a dupe but I think i'm in love....Desert tactical stealth recon scout....read a review seem's awsome....quick change caliber conversion in 338lm,300win,.308 and .243 ....any one have any experience with one?

Stealth Recon Scout (SRS)
Caliber: 308 WIN
Mag Capacity: 7 rds
Weight: Approx 9.4 lbs
Barrel Length: 22"
Overall Length: 31.5"

Caliber: 338 LM
Mag Capacity: 5 rds
Weight: Approx 11.6 lbs
Barrel Length: 26"
Overall Length: 37.5"

* Quick Barrel Conversion
* Fluted Match Free Floated Barrel (Threaded for Suppressor 3/4" x 24")
* Adjustable Match Trigger Tapered 34mm One-Piece Rings (available in 20, 35, and 40 MOA tapers)
* Pictanny Accessory Rails with Integral Flush Mounted Sling Points

Ergonomic Features

* Center Balancing Point with Handle
* 60 Degree Bolt Lift 1.5"
* Adjustable Length of Pull Match Trigger (adjusts from 1 to 6 lbs)
* Safety (accessible without removing hand from pistol grip)
* Sling Points are perfectly balanced with the centerline of the weapon to ensure lies flat when slung
* Rear Support Grip Cheekrest is perfectly optimized with the height of the scope and eye alignment without the need of an adjustable cheekpiece
* Magazine Release can be operated with one hand
* Contoured Grip Raised Buttpad seates buttbad more securely into the shooters shoulder

05-31-2008, 9:39 PM
Hmm wonder where I can scratch up a spare 3K? I like to get behind it in prone just to see how it drives . . . looks and sounds sweet.

05-31-2008, 10:54 PM
I spent about 15 minutes with it at the SHOT show this year. It is definately an interesting concept, very ergonomic and compact, especially the .338 LM version.

My only gripe was that it basically balances horribly compare to the traditional bolt action rifle types. This and the Kel-Tec RFB both felt quite rear heavy and since the scope is also place in the center point of the rifle it further exaggerates the problem. If they could manage to move a pound or two from the rear to the front it would handle alot better. I definately liked the balance of the 338LM version but it was also quite abit more heavy.

That said, a slightly longer barrel with a larger MB would probably make this thing handle much better for the 308 version. There are ways to spend the $3,500+ for it, but there are not too many more unique ways.

06-01-2008, 12:35 AM
Nice. I want one. Hmm......what do I have laying around that I can sell :)

06-01-2008, 5:45 AM
Desert tactical stealth recon scout...read a review seem's awsome...

Stealth Recon Scout (SRS)
Caliber: 308 WIN
Weight: Approx 9.4 lbs

Caliber: 338 LM
Weight: Approx 11.6 lbs

* Quick Barrel Conversion
Even more spectacular if it came with a boy to carry it and its spare barrel. :D:sleeping: