View Full Version : First range day with M&P15

05-31-2008, 8:36 PM
A coworker and I went to the range in Ridgecrest today. I zeroed in my iron sights while buddy sighted in his scope. Put almost 300 rounds into steel and paper. Buddy did about the same. Realized that I need to get some optics on my AR. My friend realized he should not have bought the Bushmaster Carbon 15. The only problem I has was 4 fails to feed. They were all in the Promag 10/20 I bought before I did research. The CProducts 10 and 10/30 performed flawlessly. While we were finishing up a father with 2 sons came by. They asked about the AR probably thinking they were illegal. I explained about the OLL movement and the Calguns website. I showed him the BB configuration and explained the featureless build. I then let all three put 10 rounds downrange. They returned the favor and we got to shoot their Mini-14. Also had some fun with my G17C and 10/22. Now I need to buy more ammo. :D

A short video http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v678/deamersjeep/?action=view&current=MVI_1821.flv

05-31-2008, 9:05 PM
Very nice vid, too bad for your bud though. I hope those folks you met will come and join our forum.

06-01-2008, 7:49 AM
It's cool to read how you took the time to explain about OLLs to those not in the know.

Good luck on the optics hunt. So many friggin choices. I found out that I'm a variable scope kinda guy and all the choices out there are killing me.

06-01-2008, 8:00 AM
Very nice, I wanted to get a M&P ar but rather build one for cheaper.
whats wrong with the bushy carbon?

I do have a M&P pistol in .40
its awesome.

whats the deal with the promags?

06-01-2008, 10:13 AM

what he said. I recently bought two of the 10/20's but have not a chance to see if they feed properly...

06-01-2008, 11:49 AM
whats wrong with the bushy carbon?

Isn't really anything wrong with it, my friend just likes the BB configuration and the ability to easily change it back to other than CA legal when he leaves the state. When he leaves the state he plans on modifying it so he can use a detachable magazine.

When it would feed it would jam the round into the feed ramps and put two dents in the side of the brass. The follower also tilted and got stuck one time. All three of my magazines were brand new out of the bag and the promag is the only one that messed up. I may have just got a bad one from the batch.

Found out the problem with the promag. I looks like it might have been dropped or damaged before I bought it. The feed lip was smashed down a little on one side. Just a little tweaking and it should work fine. Compared to the Cproducts magazine the Cproducts has better supported feed lips.