View Full Version : I need to know ........

05-31-2008, 8:22 PM
So I am getting ready to build my first OLL long rifle, I have been doing a lot of reading and such. Now one thing I just re-read concerns me (this is from the copmemo2.pdf)
forgot to add that I was thinking of using the BB etc.....

on the 4th page there is the fallowing; (see in red)

A fixed magazine - one that is screwed down and requires use of a tool and some period of time to
remove, and which cannot be “readily removed” or replaced in normal course operation of the rifle – is
not a detachable magazine. Such a magazine indeed fully honors, in letter and spirit, the converse of the
above definition of detachable magazine.
Nut/bolt setups retaining fixed magazines should never be able to loosen on their own or be unloosened
by hand, so lockwashers and some Locktite™ are useful – especially since the fixed magazine should
never be removed while a pistol grip and/or telestock is attached! Placement of some adhesive inside the
magazine well is also helpful.

am I reading too much FUD in this??? has this been updated since this was written?

05-31-2008, 8:35 PM
That applies when using something like a prince 50, where one has to reinstall/tighten the locking mechanism each time a magazine is inserted. With the bullet button, even if you remove the mag, and reinsert it, there is no additional step between which you can remove the magazine without a tool.

05-31-2008, 8:39 PM
That's pre-bullet button. You still don't want to undo a fixed mag lock, such as a Prince-50, with any evil features attached. Read the first part of that sentence "Nut/bolt setups retaining fixed magazines...." are refering to fixed magazines. Bullet button thinking evolved since this was written, and BB mags are not "fixed" magazines, nor are they "detachable" magazines, but more properly described as "attachable" magazines as they require a tool for removal.

05-31-2008, 8:41 PM
use the b15 then you can have a p50 that you can use with a tool at any time and undo if you ever go somewhere legit.

05-31-2008, 8:42 PM
OK thanks, I have a friend that is with Sac County and he will check it out, in fact he told me he would go to the range with me do make sure I don't get messed with.

I don't want to spend ~1K and have the gun taken .........