PDA

View Full Version : Question about Ak47

mfmayes49
05-31-2008, 3:05 PM
Hi everyone. I have a question about buying a Yugo M70 Ak47 California legal rifle. It has the radlock on it. I have a Yugo SKS now and I love it. Also i have a AR15. Would buying a AK47 be a waste of money for me? I concerned about recoil. I got rid of my kel-tec for that very reason and got the Ar15. Is the recoil bad on the Ak47?

Any info would be great.

Thanks

RobT2K
05-31-2008, 3:12 PM
It shoots the same round as your SKS, so it shouldn't be much different than what you're used to. The SKS does have more weight to manage the recoil, but if you stick with wood furniture on the AK it should be fine.
I don't consider the AK to have very much recoil.

1lostinspace
05-31-2008, 3:28 PM
there is no recoil like he said it will kick as much as your SKS and if you put a AK74 brake on it it will kick like .223

BP88
05-31-2008, 4:08 PM
there is no recoil like he said it will kick as much as your SKS and if you put a AK74 brake on it it will kick like .223

Would that work? I figured a 74 brake would be too small to work with a 47 barrel.

Redchevyman
05-31-2008, 4:36 PM
Would that work? I figured a 74 brake would be too small to work with a 47 barrel.
You can buy a AK 74 style brake made for 7.62X39 here on the AK parts page.

http://www.usparts.redchevy.com/index.html

RedDawn
05-31-2008, 4:39 PM

They make the AK74 style brakes for AK47 style rifles, with the correct interior diameter.

AK's are never a waste of money.
Felt recoil is only slightly more than an AR type rifle. That being said, the trigger is also a little bit heavier than the AR's.
If you have a friend with an AK type rifle, ask to go to the range with them and try theirs out.

mfmayes49
05-31-2008, 6:57 PM
Thanks everyone for great answers to my questions. Im going to order the Yugo M70 in 2 weeks. I didnt care for how the wasr-10 was made.

xrMike
05-31-2008, 8:42 PM
My AK with standard slant brake has noticebly MORE recoil than my AR (I'd describe the AK as having a hard, but short, push).

But then my AR has a 20" stainless bull barrel -- no brake, but it's heavy.

M. Sage
05-31-2008, 8:50 PM

It won't be quite that good, even if you put a better brake (J-Tac) on it.

But the recoil won't be bad.

As far as the slant brake (brake? Compensator...) goes, I'd rather run without a muzzle device. My AK got much more controllable and slightly more accurate when I put a J-Tac on.

The slant comp actually forced my muzzle to go low and left with every shot.

1lostinspace
06-01-2008, 11:06 PM
I shoot a saiga and have noticed allot less recoil then the POS AZEX AK47 I had. Azex are POS mine broke sooo many times finally sent it back and got rid of it and that jack *** Darek. Not to mention Saiga are put together better then any AK I have ever seen!

Addax
06-02-2008, 5:17 AM
Buy the Yugo, or any other AK of good quality, and you will LOVE IT...:43:

AK Muzzlebrakes:

The small slant cut muzzle brake was designed for full auto shooting, and is cut in a way where it will force the rifle to shoot low and left. It works, but will affect your accuracy if you do not compensate for the l-l affect (left-low).

The AK74 clone type Muzzlebrake will help reduce muzzle recoil, and they are ok, and they do work, and from an accuracy perspective it might help a little..

The PWS J-Tac47 is one of the best Muzzle Brakes you can buy for a standard AK today. It does cost more, but you do get what you pay for.

If you need more help or info. on AK MB's or accessories, let me know.

motorhead
06-02-2008, 8:53 AM
yugo is heavier than other akm's, it has the rpk trunnion and a thicker reciever. the only drawback is that, other than muzzle devices and mags, "yugo only fits yugo". parts accessories and furniture must be yugo specific.

Dirtbiker
06-02-2008, 9:04 AM
You guys must be spoiled if you are talking about recoil on any 7.62x39 rifle. You need to pick up a M44 Mosin in 7.52x54 if you want some recoil. Better yet a Remington 700 lightweight in 300 win mag.

Then you will have a better appreciation of recoil.

Baron
06-02-2008, 9:12 AM
You guys must be spoiled if you are talking about recoil on any 7.62x39 rifle. You need to pick up a M44 Mosin in 7.52x54 if you want some recoil. Better yet a Remington 700 lightweight in 300 win mag.

Then you will have a better appreciation of recoil.

Or a 12 guage shotgun... LOL... I've never thought that 7.62x39 had much recoil, but I started with shotguns

duenor
06-02-2008, 9:23 AM
yugos make beefy guns.
the chinese cut as many corners as possible.
romanian guns look like they were put together by underpaid gypsies.

they all shoot fine.

ohsmily
06-02-2008, 9:25 AM
If the recoil of the SU-16 bothered you, I don't think you will enjoy shooting the AK. Perhaps you aren't holding the rifle properly and are getting beat up because you have a bad stance/grip/etc? Or, perhaps you just need to learn that guns recoil a bit, some more than others, and get used to it. But, the SU-16 and AK are not high on the list of "high recoiling guns."

Addax
06-02-2008, 9:37 AM
+1

Also, Yugo's, Polish, Bulgarian, Hungarian, East German and Russian AK rifles tend to have better machining, parts and assembly vs. the Chinese and Romy AK rifles.

yugos make beefy guns.
the chinese cut as many corners as possible.
romanian guns look like they were put together by underpaid gypsies.

they all shoot fine.

1lostinspace
06-02-2008, 10:39 AM
If the recoil of the SU-16 bothered you, I don't think you will enjoy shooting the AK. Perhaps you aren't holding the rifle properly and are getting beat up because you have a bad stance/grip/etc? Or, perhaps you just need to learn that guns recoil a bit, some more than others, and get used to it. But, the SU-16 and AK are not high on the list of "high recoiling guns."

if the recoil of .223 is too much for you perhaps shooting is not the sport for you, you could go into figure skating or dancing:p

N_S
06-02-2008, 9:49 PM
The AK doesn't have what one can call "too much" recoil unless you fire it in full auto.

But if that happens recoil is the LEAST of your problems.