PDA

View Full Version : Q: For Allied Armament regarding new products

wilit
05-31-2008, 9:45 AM
Since there's not Ask Allied Armaments forum, I guess I'll pose it here.

Seeing the response on the group buy for the PPSH41 got me thinking. Any chance you guys would be willing to start producing a SA STEN Mk III? It seems there is a good amount of interest in the STEN, and since it doesn't have any evil features, it seems like a natural for us Calgunners.

I had started a thread for some 100% receivers that a guy off the STEN Yahoo groups had planned on making, but at this point he says he's still waiting for BATF approval, and I'm not sure this will ever materialize. As you can see from the list, there is a decent amount of interest in a ready built STEN.

Here's the thread. http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=75460

thefifthspeed
05-31-2008, 11:26 AM
The sten shouldn't be too hard to produce mass market, the thing is as simple as simple gets as far as guns go. It would all be sweet to see a repo grease gun to go along with the MP-40 and PPSH they sell. And if i'm not being too greedy maybe a 1918 BAR? The only show it town selling them has an 18 month wait list (been on it for 6 months).

Allied Armament
06-03-2008, 11:07 AM
Yea i've been on that wait list too, to find they only cancelled the production of the gun I wanted... :( anyway, at this point I don't know if I'd do a sten, but if I did, i'd probably build it from scratch the gun is rediculously simple. Is there any parts kits around?

wilit
06-03-2008, 12:07 PM
Parts kits are plentiful and cheap for the Mk III. They're anywhere from $99 to $139, and IMO easier to build into compliance than the PPSH41. Maybe something to look into. Currently no one makes a production STEN. Catco did many years ago, but have since gone out of business.

blackberg
06-03-2008, 3:13 PM
BAR will be awesome, and there is demand for it, as that company has had 1+ year backorder like forever...

-bb

redcliff
06-03-2008, 4:06 PM
I"d be interested in a high quality BAR :)

Someguy925
06-04-2008, 8:09 AM
that'll be interesting. I would perfer a BAR over an AR-15.

I found this, http://www.philaord.com/products/bar.html, though I'm not sure how old that page is.

torsf
06-04-2008, 11:00 AM
I would LOVE to have a BAR!!