PDA

View Full Version : Where can I buy an AKT-98??

G_L_O_C_K
05-30-2008, 9:32 PM
I can't find them in stock anywhere online. Anybody know where I can find one? I was going to do a .22LR AR build but my budget wont allow that for a while. I've always loved the AK look anyway. How much do they go for now a days? Also which is more reliable the AKT or WASR-22? I'm a rookie so I don't want too many problems.

bigthaiboy
05-31-2008, 12:48 AM
Only 1250 AKT-98's were imported by Armamentos of W. Palm Bech, FL in around 2004, and I think Armamentos is now gone. They were made by Cugir of Romania, and are mechanically identical to the current Century Arms imported Cugir WASR-22. The main differences were the synthetic stock and the full size steel mags.

Other than trying to find an old stock / pre-owned AKT-98 on Gunbroker, only the WASR-22 is currently available generally. WASR-22s can be a little hit and miss, some people have had good luck with them, and others (like myself), have had troublesome rifles.

G_L_O_C_K
05-31-2008, 9:17 AM
I didn't know there were that few. I'll look in to a WASR-22. I just don't like the stock that comes with it and I'm a little weary of the problems I've read about them. But I guess the stock and a normal looking AK pistol grip could be changed easily right?

bigthaiboy
05-31-2008, 11:21 PM
The WASR-22 will take any type of stock made for the AK. I put OD synthetic handguards, Pgrip and a folding stock. With the stock folded it's 27". CA and Federal minimum OAL is 26" for rimfire.