PDA

View Full Version : Lub maintenance question.

Blacky
05-30-2008, 7:35 PM
Most of my long guns are composite (non-wood) stocks with matte finishes. I clean my guns after I shoot them. I use a silica dehumidifier in my safe and I do a silica bake maintenance about once every couple months.
At the same time I usually do a quick spray & wipe with a synthetic all-in-1 type spray on all of my guns. What product recommendations do you guys use/recommend for a quick clean-up?
Before anyone goes off on 're-post' or 'use the search button' I did and there are new and better products and methods coming out every day. Just because something is new doesn't mean its better but I like to keep my options open.

Thanks.

jandmtv
05-30-2008, 8:02 PM
I use Birchwood Casey barricade spray lube on my guns for long term storage. its a light lube, not too greasy, and works very well.

I also use it to lube the BCG on my AR, I like it better than CLP.

you can find it at BIG 5

http://www.grafs.com/product/183197

Blacky
05-31-2008, 4:49 PM
Thank you J, Ill take a look at them.

jandmtv
05-31-2008, 6:29 PM
Thank you J, Ill take a look at them.

Anytime.

-hanko
06-01-2008, 7:06 AM
I clean my guns after I shoot them. I use a silica dehumidifier in my safe and I do a silica bake maintenance about once every couple months.

What product recommendations do you guys use/recommend for a quick clean-up?

Before anyone goes off on 're-post' or 'use the search button' I did and there are new and better products and methods coming out every day. Just because something is new doesn't mean its better but I like to keep my options open.

Thanks.
You definitely grasp the concept;). You're checking things often enough that clp or any other good gun oil should work perfectly.

-hanko

Blacky
06-01-2008, 7:11 PM
-hanko, evolution is not dead ;)