PDA

View Full Version : Raahauge's / Triple B Clays - these guys are out of control !!!!

ysr_racer
05-30-2008, 7:24 PM
Raahauge's / Triple B Clays - these guys are out of control !!!!

And I'm lovin' it.

I shot at Raahauge's on Monday. New stations, new machines, new towers, and I saw Kevin (the range mechanic) at least 6 times during my rounds of clays loading machines, changing batteries, and making sure everything worked. The targets were challenging, and I didn't have any broken birds.

On Wednesday I was at Triple B Clays. They've got new towers, a new training field, and fresh paint. Everything worked, there were no broken birds, and I saw Homer Hansen and AJ out working on the machines.

I'm glad these two ranges are stepping up "their game".

But don't take my word for it.

Saturday Raahauge's has the Riverside Chapter QU local fundraiser http://www.quriverside.com/2008_QU_Sporting_Clays.doc and Sunday Tripe B Clays hosts their monthly fun shoot http://www.triplebclays.com/ .

Both of these shoots are a great way to check out the improvements each club has made, plus if you need registered targets (or punches) before the State Shoot, here's your chance.

Me? I'll be in Chicago, so if you shoot either of them, tell me how it went.

ikon
06-01-2008, 7:17 PM
Nice to hear they're still doing good over there. I used to work there about 9 years ago when Bruce first took over. He immediately started upgrading the place which was good for everyone. I mean, sporting clays used to have all manual throwing rigs, we would be running around out there in the dirt throwing birds all day in the heat, it was terrible. I actually helped design and setup most of the sporting clays course, if they're still using the electronic drop-in bird counters and the camo painted trailers with the machines in em.

It was a fun place to work and the customers are mostly always nice and friendly. I need to head back over there and get some skeet time in.

Also, don't forget to tip your pullers!

ysr_racer
06-02-2008, 3:49 PM
Also, don't forget to tip your pullers!

Man, you have been out of the game for a while. I haven't been to a place that uses pullers in years :)