PDA

View Full Version : What FAL parts kit?

CaptMike
05-30-2008, 5:41 PM
What FAL parts kit is the cheapest and most plentifull available or most likely to be available in the next couple of years. I want to buy a FAL but cannot afford the whole rifle right now. I would like to buy a receiver and just put it away until I can afford a parts kit and the cost of putting it together. Or should I buy a kit now and receiver later since it looks like we will have receivers available for a good while. Thanks in advance

mltrading
05-30-2008, 5:46 PM
Check with Gunpartsguy.com. They are FAL parts experts. They offer 10% discount right now.

Toolbox X
05-30-2008, 5:47 PM
GPG for sure.

bigthaiboy
05-31-2008, 2:00 AM
Definitely, buy the parts kit now, as the federal barrel ban has been in effect 2 years now, so all parts kits with barrels are drying up. Aussie inch kit's are still around, but with no barrels.

Enterprise Arms still has Imbel FAL parts kits for sale for $250.

-hanko
05-31-2008, 9:00 AM
http://estore.websitepros.com/832529/Categories.bok?category=FAL+KIts is where to start. James had everything in the store for 10% off up to yesterday...I'd call and ask him if he can extend it to today for you;)

He's a great guy to work with, as well as a great human being.

Join the FAL Files.

PM if you need more.

-hanko

CaptMike
05-31-2008, 10:56 PM
Wow, Fal Parts kits sure did get expensive since the last time I looked at them. Any other locals that may have less expensive kits so that I can get a couple? Thanks in advance

FlyingPen
05-31-2008, 11:10 PM
Do FALs swallow steel ammo easily?

bigthaiboy
05-31-2008, 11:47 PM
Wow, Fal Parts kits sure did get expensive since the last time I looked at them. Any other locals that may have less expensive kits so that I can get a couple? Thanks in advance

Enterprise Arms is local. Irwindale, CA

duenor
05-31-2008, 11:48 PM
We have kits, as someone noted.
The Aussie kits have barrels - but they are not complete barrels. They are only partially complete, and will require quite a bit of gunsmithing work. It is a pity that the barrels had to be chopped.

Pryde
06-01-2008, 1:16 AM
If you are looking for a primo kit, I have an excellent condition StG Austrian kit with matching numbers. I am located in LA area and looking for $500.

Send me a PM if you are interested.

CaptMike
06-14-2008, 6:21 PM
Just wanted to mention that I picked up a refinished Imbel Fal kit at the Orange gun show from the Entreprise guys. The kit looks really nice already refinished. I have to say that Matt, you are a great person and a true professional. Matt even gave me a discount because I was a Calguns Member. Thank you Matt and I hope to meet you Duenor at some time in the future. Now I have to save to buy the receiver and have you guys barrel it for me. Thank you Entreprise. :)

LtMike70