PDA

View Full Version : Radom VIS35-Nazi marked- Value?

81turbota
02-04-2015, 8:57 PM
Hey all,
A non import marked, matching VIS 35 with Nazi markings, strong bore and about 90% finish is being offered to me. I think the asking price is a little steep at $1000, but I don't know enough about these pistols to say. What do you guys think?
Thanks!

jonny13sb
02-05-2015, 4:22 AM
I'd probably but it.

Jimja
02-05-2015, 5:27 AM
Depends on which version of the pistol it is.

If it's pre-war (with the polish eagle, some have been captured by the germans and would have nazi markings) I would say it's easily $2000+

If it's an early war, 3 lever slotted variation, around $1000 is about right, though a bit on the high end. I probably would pay ~$700-$800 if it was really nice

Late war variations are cheaper, ~$600 or less

That's a very rough estimate

81turbota
02-05-2015, 5:32 AM
Jimja, I'm not sure if you remember but it's the same VIS35 you mentioned at the Costa Mesa show. I'll take a better look at what variation it is, it comes with a WaA stamped holster in fair shape. Will report back later today with more details.

Jimja
02-05-2015, 5:37 AM
Jimja, I'm not sure if you remember but it's the same VIS35 you mentioned at the Costa Mesa show. I'll take a better look at what variation it is, it comes with a WaA stamped holster in fair shape. Will report back later today with more details.

Oh ok, I vaguely remember it, don't really remember which version it is though. I think it was a late war with brown grips, although that could have been a different one I saw at that show. It was at your dealers/friends table right?

Holsters can be pretty pricey for these, take and post a couple of pics if you can

PolishMike
02-05-2015, 6:35 AM
These things have just about tripped in value over the last couple years.

No way to know the value from the info you provided. Need to know the version, blued/phosphate ect.

They can be worth anywhere from 500-5000 but without detailed pictures no one online is going to be able to tell you.

johnyreb
02-05-2015, 6:40 AM
What's the SN prefix
What features does it have? Shoulder stock grove? What are the grips made of how is the slide marked? Are the mags marked?

81turbota
02-05-2015, 7:02 AM
Okay guys- I just got this info from the seller. I will also be going this evening to look at it in person.

He says it's a 2nd variation with black checkered grips, matching serial numbers with WaA77 on the slide and frame.

It's blued, but it's a wartime blue not as nice as pre-war models. Has not been refinished.

No Polish eagle

Magazines are marked with WaA

It's a complete rig, with a fair condition WaA marked holster and mags.

Will post pictures after inspection.

FLDWRX
02-05-2015, 7:10 AM
Do guys still set up Nazi booths at gun shows?
I don't go to gun shows but remember seeing madness when I was a teen.
Pomona gun show 20 years ago.

Jimja
02-05-2015, 8:12 AM
Okay guys- I just got this info from the seller. I will also be going this evening to look at it in person.

He says it's a 2nd variation with black checkered grips, matching serial numbers with WaA77 on the slide and frame.

It's blued, but it's a wartime blue not as nice as pre-war models. Has not been refinished.

No Polish eagle

Magazines are marked with WaA

It's a complete rig, with a fair condition WaA marked holster and mags.

Will post pictures after inspection.

Assuming the condition is pretty good (90% as you mentioned in your first post) that's a good price. The holster and 1 extra magazine, in pretty good condition, are worth ~$300 from what I've seen.

I'd say go for it and bring it to the next WEGC shoot :)

Grendl
02-05-2015, 8:16 AM
These things have just about tripped in value over the last couple years.

Bummer. Seems similar to mixmaster GI 1911s. Just a couple years ago I remember seeing Vis35's for $500-600 and mixmasters for $800. Maybe it was the economy and people were selling at desperation prices?

johnyreb
02-05-2015, 8:18 AM
I have a type 2 paid 400 for it around 10 years ago. Came with 2 mags both marked.

I have seen type 2s for 650-750 recently with one mag.
I tend to stay away from "groupings" with original holsters as a lot are repro that have been aged. P8 and P38 holsters are commonly repros sold as originals.

Parts should all match. Never seen an 100% original with non matching parts. 3 years ago or so I saw a ton of p35p parts on eBay and gun broker. Dudes were parting out original guns....:(