PDA

View Full Version : Give me your feelings on Chabot Range

Tacticalintervention
05-30-2008, 8:07 AM
OK no BS, but please give me your first hand experiences good and bad at Chabot?

usmc_dd214_1990
05-30-2008, 2:18 PM
All good as far as I am concern if it is the 200 yard range. Will you be opening the 200 yard range or John?

Darren

rksimple
05-30-2008, 5:13 PM
I used to shoot a lot of IDPA and hated it that I couldn't use silhouette targets nor could I practice double taps. Pissed me off, but I can understand the general rule after seeing the type that showed up there. On the rifle side, I never had any problems. Always smooth sailin'.

Tacticalintervention
05-30-2008, 5:50 PM
I have nothing to do with running that range. I shoot rifle there once in awhile and have seen some things handled differently than what I consider norm and just asked the question.

chickenfried
05-30-2008, 5:57 PM
I like it there nice setting. Wish they'd bring back plinking day and allow rapid fire. Some have related bad experiences on here, but in person I've only seen those that deserve it get scolded for something.

Blue
05-30-2008, 5:58 PM
The deer bother me out there.

wilit
05-30-2008, 6:12 PM
Never had an issue. Great place to shoot. Follow the rules and you won't get yelled at.

rksimple
05-30-2008, 6:41 PM
The deer bother me out there.

Either that or the dang turkeys. I forgot about that.

Waldo
05-30-2008, 7:50 PM
I was out there last weekend:D It's a drive for me ( a little over an hour one way), but I'll always try to make it out to Chabot rather than the closer ranges to shoot because of the way the range is run...orderly and with a emphasis on safety.

I did get yelled at by the RSO (first time ever in 16+ years)when my muzzle was not directly down range when I was transferring the rifle from one bench to the other. I deserved it. Years of shooting doesn't mean you're mistake proof. No problem... I got it.

I respect the RSO title for what he has to do out there, and it ain't easy.
However, after listening to him talk to others, I haven't much respect for the person.

Just my O.

usmc_dd214_1990
06-02-2008, 6:40 AM
Rifle is good to go at 100 yard but the wait can be long because there is only one RSO there on the weekend and he has to check both the rifle and pistol range. On the 200 yard, it is pretty much per your call or general consensus with the line.

The pistol has something less to be desired. But then again we are not talking about that.

Darren

F4E Phantom
06-05-2008, 12:09 PM
My son and I shoot 3 gun matches. Steve Lew is the nicest match director you will ever find. I shot Tac Rifle and PPC in the past but not lately, again everyone is nice and helpful. I have never had a bad experience.