05-29-2008, 6:45 PM
My new varmint slayer savage 93r17
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm45/arfun4/DSC_0031.jpg
http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm45/arfun4/DSC_0029_01.jpg
i just need rings having a helluva time finding the ones i want though
picking up my 10/22 next week...

rksimple
05-29-2008, 8:07 PM
Looks nice. It should be a shooter. Squirrels beware!

caldude
05-29-2008, 10:46 PM
My first rifle was a 93R17 Classic. It's a fun gun to shoot and pretty accurate if the winds not blowing. I have squirrel targets that on a calm day can put fifty shots within a 3" circle at 100yds. I find I shoot better with the 20gr bullets.

It's also a nice gun that new shooters can shoot accurately at 100yds without having to worry about recoil. When I took my brother, a newbie shooter, out a few weeks ago, that was his favorite gun to shoot.

scfast
05-30-2008, 4:20 PM
Thanks for the look a lot of views with 2 comments but thats ok no love for the 17's...i guess it's not black enough it's like me in compton...caldude it took me 7yrs to get a rimfire into the gun family. Bought it and a 10/22 to use out at my friends farm for critter killing because we can't use my ar's (they don't like centerfires) there due to city ordinance but rimmies are good to go....let the killing begin

CACitUP
05-30-2008, 4:25 PM
You are really going to like that gun. I love my 17. Definitely one of my favorites and its cheap to shoot. Let me know if you ever need help killing those hordes of zombie squirrels. Im in your neck of the woods and always looking for a hunt ;)

Craig

Thanks for the look a lot of views with 2 comments but thats ok no love for the 17's...i guess it's not black enough it's like me in compton...caldude it took me 7yrs to get a rimfire into the gun family. Bought it and a 10/22 to use out at my friends farm for critter killing because we can't use my ar's (they don't like centerfires) there due to city ordinance but rimmies are good to go....let the killing begin

RobG
05-30-2008, 4:26 PM
Go to rimfirecentral.com and ask about a scope mount. There is a one piece that many love but I cannot recall what brand it is. Have a blast...:43:

scfast
05-30-2008, 4:49 PM
You are really going to like that gun. I love my 17. Definitely one of my favorites and its cheap to shoot. Let me know if you ever need help killing those hordes of zombie squirrels. Im in your neck of the woods and always looking for a hunt ;)

Craig
always looking for the zombie squirrels!!!it's the first gun that my daughter (7yrs old today...happy birthday hailey)really liked when i brought it home....Robg thanks for the recommendation i am a member at rimfirecental and i have rings already lined up(burris sig zee high)but everyone is out at this time due to their popularity on rimfires....